• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Solar Panel Deal!

Discussions of Solar Energy

Moderator: watcher

Solar Panel Deal!

Postby Murby » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:43 pm

My wife and I will be installing a solar system this year.. We're going to ordering a bunch of solarworld 270watt panels.. Made in the USA! Some of the highest quality panels made anywhere.. (google reviews on solar world if you doubt me)

The thing with big solar panels that are 3 x 5 feet is that purchasing just two or three of them is not worth the $300+ shipping cost to get them.. But we're going to be installing 8000 watts worth of solar system so the cost is minor in comparison.

So with that in mind, if anyone in the Michigan area is interested in purchasing a few solar panels for emergencies, if you want to piggyback on my shippment, you can get them for about $1 per watt.. thats ONE DOLLAR per watt.. So a 300 watt panel would run you about $300.. instead of $300 + $300 in shipping costs.

When I have pallets of panels shipped to me, it won't make any difference if I order 30 of them or 40 of them.

So if anyone is interested, let me know.... huge savings here..
Murby

Re: Solar Panel Deal!

Postby mike09 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:30 am

Murby wrote:My wife and I will be installing a solar system this year.. We're going to ordering a bunch of solarworld 270watt panels.. Made in the USA! Some of the highest quality panels made anywhere.. (google reviews on solar world if you doubt me)

The thing with big solar panels that are 3 x 5 feet is that purchasing just two or three of them is not worth the $300+ shipping cost to get them.. But we're going to be installing 8000 watts worth of Solar Panel Maintenance system so the cost is minor in comparison.

So with that in mind, if anyone in the Michigan area is interested in purchasing a few solar panels for emergencies, if you want to piggyback on my shippment, you can get them for about $1 per watt.. thats ONE DOLLAR per watt.. So a 300 watt panel would run you about $300.. instead of $300 + $300 in shipping costs.

When I have pallets of panels shipped to me, it won't make any difference if I order 30 of them or 40 of them.

Hello,

May I know What are the economic advantages of using LEDs over conventional light sources??
Thanks in Advance.
mike09

Postby Gunns » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:25 am

Murby wrote:My wife and I will be installing a solar system this year.. We're going to ordering a bunch of solarworld 270watt panels.. Made in the USA! Some of the highest quality panels made anywhere.. (google reviews on solar world if you doubt me)

The thing with big solar panels that are 3 x 5 feet is that purchasing just two or three of them is not worth the $300+ shipping cost to get them.. But we're going to be installing 8000 watts worth of solar system so the cost is minor in comparison.

I am not in Michigan but I am interested in what model number those panels are? Also, that's good of you to offer.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby dmwalsh568 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Mike09, led lights are more expensive than incandescent bulbs, but use a fraction of the power, so if you're planning on running lights off battery then led will extend your runtime dramatically, especially if you get leds that run directly off your batteries and don't need an inverter which not only saves money, but inverters waste some battery power too.
Finally, leds also last longer than incandescent bulbs...50k to 100k hours is pretty standard, so the amortized cost is lower and budget for power system is lower too.
Hope this makes sense.
dmwalsh568

Postby SonyaCarmody » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:45 am

Nice decision taken. You going to get low electric bills now. :)
SonyaCarmody

Return to Solar