• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

HHO

Discussions about Fuel Cells

Moderator: watcher

HHO

Postby kd7one » Sun May 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Another type of fuel cell would be HHO. HHO is generated when you run an electrical current through stainless steel plates or wires. By doing this, you are seperating the Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules. Here is a video that explains the process http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ3DA3Zlfok&feature=plcp
kd7one

Re: HHO

Postby Rabid » Mon May 28, 2012 5:27 pm

It is a general fear of hydrogen that keeps people from trying things like this. They are afraid of an explosion. I am considering a closed loop heating system using hydrogen. By the way folks the Zeplin didn't explode it burned.
DAMMIT IM MAD spelled backwards is DAMMIT IM MAD
Rabid

Postby bane5150 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Built one 4 years ago...Takes alot of amps to get it to produce usable amounts. Makes a fun weekend project. PS make sure your connection wires enter the container under the waterline to keep the from overheating. Had a wire get a bit hot turn red and BOOM...set off every car alarm on the street...oooops... it happened so fast i didnt have time to disconnect the test run...Blew the plastic container all over the yard...got a good scare. Just be safe when using this tech...looks simple but it can cause serious injury or worse depending on design.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby kd7one » Tue May 29, 2012 7:26 am

Mike Shaheen from HHO Connections has more info about how to do it safely and effectivly. Look up HHOCONNECTIONS on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/hhoconnecti ... sults_main
kd7one

Postby benitosemaj » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:21 am

Great and interesting video which will prove to be very helpful for me in my project on direct metal laser sintering.
benitosemaj

Postby Everyman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:08 am

deleted by author
You are free to use or republish anything I have written here provided that your intent is to freely disseminate information that will help people. Attributions to Everyman appreciated.

From the most famous of the Medieval Morality Plays: And sayth one of the Virtues “Everyman I will go with thee to meet thy fate, I will attend thee when there is want; I am the Virtue of Knowledge.”

If voting worked it would be illegal.
Everyman
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Gunns » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Everyman wrote:
kd7one wrote:Another type of fuel cell would be HHO. HHO is generated when you run an electrical current through stainless steel plates or wires. By doing this, you are seperating the Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules. Here is a video that explains the process http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ3DA3Zlfok&feature=plcp

Here we go again, another perpetual motion thread.

LOL laws of thermodynamics are so limiting aren't they?
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby john_arnold7 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:08 am

There is videos on you tube for fast regen. Fuel cells but the gasses are vary dangerous. I would not recommend building one.
john_arnold7

Postby Das Sheep » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:11 am

When ever you see a tech like this, always ask what the EROEI is. Basically while it does produce energy, it requires more energy to run than it creates. While you have limitless power from your wall socket, its a neat project. But not one that can provide you with power if you don't already have another source of power to make it work.

Its like taking 5 dollars and putting it into a machine thats spits 4 dollars back out. Its a neat machine, or in this case a neat process, but ultimately not effective or really useful.

Neat though.
Das Sheep
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Rabid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:11 pm

I am planning now to play with a caustic soda (lye) and aluminum (soda tabs) reaction system. The aluminum reacts with the caustic soda oxidizing the aluminum and releasing the hydrogen. It is safer than HHO because it is flammable, not explosive. I will need to sort out a few things. How much generation of hydrogen will I get, using how much caustic soda, at what strength and how much aluminum will it take to sustain a given flow? How much pressure will the reaction produce. Is there a pressure the reaction will cease, is it finite? Let the games begin. This is gonna be more fun than stompin baby chicks.
DAMMIT IM MAD spelled backwards is DAMMIT IM MAD
Rabid

Return to Fuel cells