• Advertisement

Bloom Box Fuel Cell

Discussions about Fuel Cells

Moderator: watcher

Re: Bloom Box Fuel Cell

Postby pilgrimtr » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:12 am

MrDanB wrote:
HandLoad wrote:Couple of quick Notes:
Fuel Cells often use HYDROGEN - that is a difficult and WITCHY substance to store and use. Lots of top Scientists and Engineers have discovered how hard it is to tame the Hydrogen Beast!DANB: Just buy a Nice magneto setup! Then keep itin a metal Toolbox till AFTER the Last EMP! (You gotta figure when THAT is!)

Yep! I often have daydreams about this. Would be really cool to be driving a '69 Camaro with few other vehicles on the interstate in a teotwawki situation :)

MrDanB
My wife and I have talked about this. we have a 1966 vw beetle. no electronic. it will run after an EMP, CME. but the last thing I would want to do is drive that in a town where no one else have a running vehicle. at least not for a while. if you have a gang of people in an area. and they saw you coming in you 69 Camaro or my 66 VW. you would not have it for long.
just a thought. pilgrim :gunsmile:
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby MrDanB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:35 pm

For sure! I don't like driving it around here now, with all the youngsters in their Hondas wanting to race... Add some loaded weapons and PO'd hungry people, it would be ugly! BTW, I have seen some cool articles about a DC motor setup in an older VW bug. Seems to flat haul butt with the torque in it! :)
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby jreinke » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:59 am

MrDanB wrote:
jreinke wrote:
MrDanB wrote:Any electronic NOT in a faraday cage or buried underground sufficiently will be toast with the right EMP hitting in the right place here in the U.S. (errr ABOVE the U.S. I should say.)

Would a steel skinned pole building properly grounded act like a faraday cage? How deep is sufficiently buried underground?

Welcome to APN Jreinke! I have ready multiple articles with different data to suggest that anywhere from 2 feet to 5 feet would work against EMP. To me, a proper faraday cage in the shop or garage will work just fine. The key word you used is "properly". Yes, if properly grounded, then your pole building would act as a faraday cage. I'm not sure what it would take to properly ground it. Probably, copper spikes driven into the ground and tied to the structure would direct the current into the earth.

Thanks for you reply. When I built the shop, the building inspector had a thing for grounding. The shop's grounded from the house (where I draw power) and with two 8' ground rods next to the building.
jreinke

Postby sageprice » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:19 pm

TheLight wrote:This one is a categorically bad idea. Generate power out of the air we breathe? It's ok on the small scale but the second we mass produce these things, we prioritize our stuff over the air we breathe. Not a good idea.

Screw Al Gore, The more CO2 the more plants, More plants, more O2
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Fuel cells