• Advertisement

Cash Money

Legal Tips from Okie B

Moderator: okie B

Re: Cash Money

Postby wavy1953 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Till cash is worthless, it is good to have a stash handy. because when the banks close, anything you got in there is gone.
:yawn:
wavy1953

Postby theoutback » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:37 am

wavy1953 wrote:Till cash is worthless, it is good to have a stash handy. because when the banks close, anything you got in there is gone.
:yawn:

We are working on 3 months worth of expenses. Slow going though! :unsure:

How do you handle what you carry on the road like Wavy? In general, don't mean to be too nosey.
theoutback

Postby NS33 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:46 am

I keep a tin (altoids) filled with a lighter, weather proof matches, knife, Emegancy phone numbers, aspirin, tin foil, fishing hook/line, and some cash hidden in each vehicle. It keeps it inconspicuous in the car or on my person when I want the extra backup.
November Sierra 33
Valens Et Egregius
NS33
Illinois Preppers Network
Illinois Preppers Network

Postby Gunns » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:33 am

Cash is King until its not.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:35 am

The US dollar is by far the safest place to park any " rainy day" cash. No one can accurately predict exactly what medium will be used post crash. We try to cover all the bases as well.

I'm currently building some older motorcycles, that still use points ignition systems. Again these motorcycles, may/ may not become very valuable for transport, depending on style of event.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby anita » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:53 am

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm posting here--have you been watching the price of gold lately? It must be up about $200 since November. And silver is up about $2.
This is the biggest jump in several years.

The jump in gold during January was the biggest in several years, I think, and volume seems to be way up too.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby wavy1953 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Dirk Williams wrote:The US dollar is by far the safest place to park any " rainy day" cash. No one can accurately predict exactly what medium will be used post crash.

TIme proven value is in gold and silver. I have a nice stock pile of both. Not worried about it getting stolen.
Before anyone gets my gold and silver, I will already be dead. so it won't matter.
wavy1953

Postby unalist » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:35 am

Found this old thread and the spirit moved me to add my two cents as it were.

I looked into going to straight cash because I don't like 'the powers that be' from being able to see everything I buy. My job puts my pay in the bank regardless of how I feel about it. My job pays well and I've moved where there is no branch of my bank here. So the local ATM charges $3 for me to get about $300 of my money. OK, I pay for the convenience but still.

My card got hacked. Not sure how since I employ all the common sense privacy and security measures and then a lot of others. So I cancelled that card and my bank reimbursed me the stolen money. BTW they also refund me about 8 ATM charges (why I keep this bank...). OK going cash this month. After I pay, go ahead try and hack that $20 bill I laid down. Suffices to say if someone tried to rob me I will use enough force to stop them up to and including lethal force. Did I mention part of my job is teaching employing force up to and including lethal force and I'm well respected at my job?

I've also been keeping a closer eye on the amount I spend. When you're about to hand over a fist full of dollars for this or that you're more apt to ask is the good or service really worth it? I'll see at the end of the month if it's had an overall effect.
unalist

Postby IceFire » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:21 pm

You might want to consider switching to a bank with a local branch (or a credit union) so that you DON'T get hit with ATM fees. Keep enough in the bank for a month or two of "operating expenses", and YOU keep the rest.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby angie_nrs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:53 am

unalist wrote:I've also been keeping a closer eye on the amount I spend. When you're about to hand over a fist full of dollars for this or that you're more apt to ask is the good or service really worth it? I'll see at the end of the month if it's had an overall effect.

That's another advantage of cash.....it makes you really think about what you buy. It's more difficult to be impulsive with it, which is why the banks, govt, and retailers hate it! Of coarse, the previous 3 I just mentioned want everything to go paperless.......hmmmm, wonder why? There is a thread on the board talking about a cashless society. Here's one of them but I know there are more on the board.
viewtopic.php?f=333&t=55766

One of the ways govt is pushing for this (as I believe it is the banking/CC lobby behind it) is saying they are going paperless. They state they are "streamlining" everything to make things easier for the consumer and being "green" for the environment. Yeah, right! Since when does the govt do anything without an agenda? Soon we'll see the day when you'll no longer be able to send Uncle Sam a paper check....it'll all be digital. Well guess what? If it's all digital, Uncle Sam doesn't really NEED our permission to get at our funds now does he? Plus the CC's and banks will get their cut of every transaction. As it stands now, I'm not sure how to pay the govt cash on April 15th, without an additional step of opening up an account or buying a cashiers check or money order or arranging a wire transfer.....unless there's another way I'm not aware of. I send a check. :(
angie_nrs

Postby sageprice » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Rather have a 50lb of salt
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Okie's Law