• Advertisement

Easy pump

Discussions about water storage, filtration, purification and procurement

Re: Easy pump

Postby Northern Freeman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:20 pm

I understand how pumping works, but thank you for making sure. What I was trying to do was bring attention to the fact of the price. If they are in a market that includes deep well pumping, wouldn't they try to be a bit more priced in that market? Or wouldn't the other deep well competitors start adjusting their price. I have always been told if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
But on the other hand I would also be willing to donate to a fund to see if this thing does work. Group effort in research, we all get to benefit from the knowledge.
“The Constitution only gives people the right to ‘pursue’ happiness. You have to catch it yourself!” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ol’ Ben Franklin put it best when he said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Northern Freeman
Minnesota Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Northern Freeman wrote:I understand how pumping works, but thank you for making sure. What I was trying to do was bring attention to the fact of the price. If they are in a market that includes deep well pumping, wouldn't they try to be a bit more priced in that market? Or wouldn't the other deep well competitors start adjusting their price. I have always been told if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
But on the other hand I would also be willing to donate to a fund to see if this thing does work. Group effort in research, we all get to benefit from the knowledge.

Freeman, I believe the guy who builds the Handy Pump was at the Gloucester Preparedness Fair in Virginia last March. I was doing an all day presentation on water collection and was mobbed by people (more than 500). I never got the chance to talk to him but I believe I got some of his literature. I can ask around if anyone got his pump locally.
The fair was held at the Mormon Church. I don't think they would have invited him if he wasn't legit.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Northern Freeman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:56 pm

I would appreciate it, I can run on a shallow well pump here but what if there is a long drought. The old well was here from since I was a little kid and was at 50 feet. The old Ladies that used to live here said when they had a long bad drought, everyone came here for water. But it still helps to be prepared just in case.
“The Constitution only gives people the right to ‘pursue’ happiness. You have to catch it yourself!” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ol’ Ben Franklin put it best when he said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Northern Freeman

Postby pilgrimtr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:15 am

Northern Freeman,
I did not under stand that you were asking about price. Ok I will try to go there.
the shallow well pump does not have as much material in it as the deep well pump. such as the Flo Jack which is stainless. the handy pump is all pvc and is sec 20 so the cost of the handy pump is less, but even when you increase the depth of the handy pump you increase the price.
I am not sure of the check valve configuration in this pump but I will try to find out. I'm sure the type and position of the check valve for a deep well has a big difference as to the price of there pump system. Pilgrim
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby pilgrimtr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:58 am

Northern Freeman,
also did you watch the you tube video on the handy pump website, on building a simple hand pump that shows how the check valve in the bottom of a deep well works. it's not sucking the water up. when you cycle the inner casing, the check valve traps the water in the center pipe. each time you pump the center pipe you push more water in the center pipe and the check valve keeps the water in it until it is full. and then it comes at the top. not sure if my explanation (wording) is as clear as the way it works. but I am better at making things work than explaining them. pilgrim ;)
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Northern Freeman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:23 am

Ok, now I feel more educated. My thinking was locked into the concept of a piston pump http://www.clean-water-for-laymen.com/h ... pumps.html. LOL, I am the type that will keep looking to find the answer, but I needed to get my head out of the box. I found some information on what is called a Tara Pump, which was developed in Bangladesh. It seems like a very simple system and could supply a group up to around 20 to 100 people. http://www.rural-water-supply.net/en/im ... /tara-pump. But at the same time it is limited to 15 meters or around 50 feet. In my case it would be Ideal since my new well is 70 feet, dropping the water pickup by 30 feet would really give me insurance against any drought problems.
I am guessing the handy pump is a offshoot of that design, but then it still brings the depth they talk about into question.

Thanks Fussy, I couldn't get your link to work but it did give me direction. Now that what I call group effort. :clap:
Northern Freeman

Previous

Return to Water