• Advertisement

Impending disaster in south africa

Discussions about water storage, filtration, purification and procurement

Impending disaster in south africa

Postby Flightnurse1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey all, anyone else watching the unfolding disaster of Cape Town S. Africa running out of water by April 2018? Can't imagine 4 million people without water. Didn't they realize this was coming!
User avatar
Flightnurse1
 
Posts: 60
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Cumberland County North Carolina
Karma: 0

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby dmwalsh568 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Been reading about it. Long term drought plus not enough conservation equals impending SHTF. Last I heard once the reservoir drops to 10% left they’ll shut off the taps and only allow people to collect 50 liters per person per day at predetermined distribution points. I can easily see that going pretty wrong...water riots anyone?
Some articles were talking about desalination plants being constructed, but those won’t be ready anytime soon. Will be very interesting to watch from a safe distance...
dmwalsh568
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am
Location: MetroWest MA inside of 495
Karma: 13

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby rickdun » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Been watching it for while, here's a good article on that and what they are expecting in the future, don't sound too good for them:


https://mashable.com/2018/01/24/cape-to ... 29wa8pqiqr
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
 
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Karma: 18

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby Stahlrosen » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm

So this is the first drought they have ever had??!! Didn't someone think desalinization PRIOR?!?! :?
User avatar
Stahlrosen
 
Posts: 543
Images: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 pm
Karma: 20

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby daaswampman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Drought is only one of the problems! Nor is it just race or black and white. When our system finally grinds to a halt, being the odd man out (successful or conservative) - will get you killed in a hurry.

South African Farm Murders

South Africa has an increasing incidents of white farmers being murdered. The government is classifying them as “robberies gone wrong”, but Lauren Southern investigates and asks how you can accidentally rape for days, accidentally torture an entire family, accidentally cut someone’s eyes out? The crimes are taking on a far more brutal nature than crimes in most of the world. In this video, Lauren interviews a crime scene cleaner, but is unable to get answers to many questions because of confidentiality rules the cleaner has in working with the government. This is what TEOTWAWKI looks like when the government sanctions and hides the racist behavior. (Warning: Some graphic images)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCLJRVbaMyQ
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network
 
Posts: 8203
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby Flightnurse1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:55 am

After reading up more on the situation, it seems now gangs are moving in to water distribution points and water is becoming bitcoin. The country never thought to drill wells and desalination plants are not opening for years. Going to be a lot learned from this mess.
User avatar
Flightnurse1
 
Posts: 60
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Cumberland County North Carolina
Karma: 0

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:27 am

Flightnurse1 wrote:After reading up more on the situation, it seems now gangs are moving in to water distribution points and water is becoming bitcoin. The country never thought to drill wells and desalination plants are not opening for years. Going to be a lot learned from this mess.



20 years ago this wouldn't have happened - Cape Town just like the rest of the country is now black run - the situation is just the most screwed up mess possible ....

posted several weeks ago about the Cape Town disaster spreading anarchy across the entire country - the Suidlander prepper group is already getting ready to implement their bug out plans ....

with a snap of your fingers this could trigger the largest most vicious genocide seen since WW2 ....
Illini Warrior
User avatar
Illini Warrior
 
Posts: 2790
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Karma: 54

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby kotka73 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/art ... -Town.html

"'Day Zero' water shut-off looms in South Africa and locals queue up at taps as reality sets in that Cape Town may be the world's first major city to run dry."
Can you imagine that in any major city in US?
kotka73
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:40 am
Location: SW Florida
Karma: 0

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 pm

kotka73 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5315733/Day-Zero-Water-shut-looms-South-Africas-Cape-Town.html

"'Day Zero' water shut-off looms in South Africa and locals queue up at taps as reality sets in that Cape Town may be the world's first major city to run dry."
Can you imagine that in any major city in US?



Cape Town has the same population as Los Angles - 4M - 2nd largest in the US .... water jug fill-up queues are still short - organized and civilized - when the taps go totally dry just watch what happens - thugs will push to the front of the lines if not buzy jumping the weak for their water ....
Illini Warrior
User avatar
Illini Warrior
 
Posts: 2790
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Karma: 54

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby ForwardPreppers » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:
kotka73 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5315733/Day-Zero-Water-shut-looms-South-Africas-Cape-Town.html

"'Day Zero' water shut-off looms in South Africa and locals queue up at taps as reality sets in that Cape Town may be the world's first major city to run dry."
Can you imagine that in any major city in US?



Cape Town has the same population as Los Angles - 4M - 2nd largest in the US .... water jug fill-up queues are still short - organized and civilized - when the taps go totally dry just watch what happens - thugs will push to the front of the lines if not buzy jumping the weak for their water ....



Sounds about right to me.

FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
User avatar
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator
 
Posts: 5720
Images: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Georgia
Karma: 77

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby Cin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 pm

I've mentioned this before on other threads. The thing that made me start planning and looking for a bug out location was a hurricane in Florida. Think it was Andrew. I was watching the news and some generous soul filled an 18-wheeler with ice. He took it down there, opened the doors, and gave ice out to anyone who had a container. He had helpers, and people were standing in an orderly line, waiting their turn.

The details aren't clear to me (my memory's shot) but someone came to the front of the line with a larger container than others had. And then, a fight broke out as they started battling each other for ice (water).

The generous soul was crying, screaming at them - "We have enough for everyone, we have enough for everyone, just come back for more!"

But the free-for-all just went on. The cameras cut away, but the fight was still happening.

Without water, people will turn into wild, hideous creatures without thought for anyone but themselves.

The first thing we did when we finally moved to the property was to drill a well. Before we built the house, before we had the septic put in, before we ran the electrical lines.

Water was first.
Cin
 
Posts: 1935
Images: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 am
Karma: 58

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby ForwardPreppers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm

Cin wrote:Without water, people will turn into wild, hideous creatures without thought for anyone but themselves.


This is the truth, bottom line.

Mrs FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
User avatar
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator
 
Posts: 5720
Images: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Georgia
Karma: 77

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby Illini Warrior » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:27 pm

Cin wrote:I've mentioned this before on other threads. The thing that made me start planning and looking for a bug out location was a hurricane in Florida. Think it was Andrew. I was watching the news and some generous soul filled an 18-wheeler with ice. He took it down there, opened the doors, and gave ice out to anyone who had a container. He had helpers, and people were standing in an orderly line, waiting their turn.

The details aren't clear to me (my memory's shot) but someone came to the front of the line with a larger container than others had. And then, a fight broke out as they started battling each other for ice (water).

The generous soul was crying, screaming at them - "We have enough for everyone, we have enough for everyone, just come back for more!"

But the free-for-all just went on. The cameras cut away, but the fight was still happening.

Without water, people will turn into wild, hideous creatures without thought for anyone but themselves.

The first thing we did when we finally moved to the property was to drill a well. Before we built the house, before we had the septic put in, before we ran the electrical lines.

Water was first.




there's the TV reality show Homestead Rescue featuring the Rainey Family - don't know how many times now that they showed up on a struggling homestead that needed an assist - NO WATER .... no well - no attempt to drill - no idea whether there's any water available - no $$$$ to drill one - well drilled but no way to pump water - contaminated water ....

someone needs to publish a homesteading primer - only a single sentence in the book - "You need water" ....
Illini Warrior
User avatar
Illini Warrior
 
Posts: 2790
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Karma: 54

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby IceFire » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

When we were looking for our "homestead" property, the top thing on our list was that it had a private well (a lot of places around here are on a "well share"...meaning several properties pay in to get water from somebody else's well.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
User avatar
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 10200
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Baja Arizona
Karma: 148

Re: Impending disaster in south africa

Postby JoyDog » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:04 am

When we bought our first 40 acres, the next thing we bought was a drill rig. I was lucky that I had married a witch. She can find water. We later bought 2 more 40s and she found good water on them.
JoyDog
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:15 am
Karma: 0

Next

Return to Water

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the APN Email Newsletter - Enter your e-mail address below


  Links and Resources
  -Links
  -Podcasts
  -Free Ebooks



Trusted Sponsors











Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer