• Advertisement

A.N.T.S. Roll Call

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

A.N.T.S. Roll Call

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:23 pm

A.N.T.S. Members, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: A.N.T.S. Roll Call

Postby cityhomesteader » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:55 pm

North Idaho Patriot wrote:A.N.T.S. Members, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.

I'm an ant that is clueless!! :shock:

Dead ant dead ant dead ant dead ant dead ant!!

Ants are really intelligent creatures that are very good at what they do naturally. I need to be drawn a picture and also to be part of a group working on a project.. I guess I am a worker ant.. Give me a task and point me to where you want it done.
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator
Connecticut State Moderator

Postby founderant » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:21 pm

I have been storing up food, but there is a problem, it's all been going into my stomach. You have got to love Thanksgiving.

We have also started to pass around a relay test pod form ant to ant in order to identify any problems that we might have with the map and the way we will communicate with each other during a disaster and also thought it would be a great way to meet and shake hands.

Any ants wanting to participate should go to the A.N.T.S group and read the post "Thanksgiving Supply Relay Test"

https://sites.google.com/site/americans ... roup-forum
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby roolu » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:54 pm

I admit that I have failed to prep as an ANT. I spent a good portion of this year in a dead end relationship that I was looking to move across country for, so all my preps were seriously neglected. The relationship is now gone and I'm getting back into the swing of things. My apologies to all my fellow ANTS for dropping the ball, love is blind!
Fear profits no man - The 13th Warrior
ImageImage
roolu
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby founderant » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:02 pm

roolu wrote:I admit that I have failed to prep as an ANT. I spent a good portion of this year in a dead end relationship that I was looking to move across country for, so all my preps were seriously neglected. The relationship is now gone and I'm getting back into the swing of things. My apologies to all my fellow ANTS for dropping the ball, love is blind!

No apologies needed, all of us are going to have our ant hills knocked down from time to time. We just have to build them back up and keep moving forward.
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby Alaska Rose » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:20 am

LOL, Roolu, I have had spells of it not only being blind but deaf and dumb, too. It happens, hopefully, we learn from it and move on to the next experience and maybe a lifetime love, also.

I have been canning whenever I have the time, so far, have canned butter, browned hamburger to use in recipes, browned burger and hot links sliced thin for pizza topping or any other meal that it sounds good for. I buy gallon cans of items I can not grow here, and recan into smaller jars at home. I can grow tomatoes enough for fresh all summer and into the Autumn, but not in quantities to can, so getting a gallon of diced tomatoes at Sam's Club for under $4 is not a bad deal for recanning. I have pretty much emptied out the freezer that was in the house by canning everything that was in it. It was a nice break from getting firewood, LOL.
https://www.createspace.com/4043866
Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
https://www.createspace.com/4910851 ....And Then You Die - autobiography
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby momtomany » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Present and accounted for just don't have a clue as to what type of ANT I am. Tried to add a comment on ANT google map relay test pod, there was no comment button on there, or I just couldn't find it. Taking some advice of cityhomesteaders and planning next years garden layout. I am now the proud grower of about 30 raspberry plants.
momtomany
Indiana State Moderator
Indiana State Moderator

Postby founderant » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:46 pm

momtomany wrote:Present and accounted for just don't have a clue as to what type of ANT I am. Tried to add a comment on ANT google map relay test pod, there was no comment button on there, or I just couldn't find it. Taking some advice of cityhomesteaders and planning next years garden layout. I am now the proud grower of about 30 raspberry plants.

The comment link on the relay test map is located right beside the "rate this map" link, It now says "25 comments"

Good luck with the raspberrys, I planning for my garden as well.
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby ClosetPrepper » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:19 am

Hello - I'm a newly registered ANT. Still getting the lay of the land as far as how this is organized. I have been prepping by stocking up on bulk foods and placing in buckets for LTS. I have also purchased some freeze dried food (building up food storage will be a continuous project). I have prepared BOB's (minus a tent, which I am saving up for). I have purchased a 7K running watt generator from craigslist. We placed old compost over the garden last weekend to prepare it for next years garden.

I am now thinking about safety and health... need to get a list together of what I can get immediately and what I need to save up for.
ClosetPrepper
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby momtomany » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks Founderant! I posted general location and a willingness to travel 50-100 miles with the bucket/pod.
momtomany
Indiana State Moderator
Indiana State Moderator

Postby writerbug » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:40 am

Another new ANT here ... trying to figure out the pod system and the names of things and all. Glad to be here. :D
writerbug

Postby founderant » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 pm

writerbug wrote:Another new ANT here ... trying to figure out the pod system and the names of things and all. Glad to be here. :D

Glad to have you, welcome.
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby medic72 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm

still here!

keith and i put together a small pack with a small tent and 2 sleeping bags that we can roll out with at a moments notice. it will fit about 4 mres and 6-12 bottles of water without any add on pockets. ill probably add some basics like 550 cord and fire starter, poncho etc.

this we will be able to take to someone or meet up with them to pass it off or get to them and resupply or extract them if needed. if we cant get to them by vehicle i mean.

just put this together the other day so its till in the baby phase of plans etc.

anyway i guess this is my version of a walk in pod or something hehe
Master Mason
U.S Paratrooper
NREMT-Paramedic
Region 12 Leader
medic72
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Townsend (southeast) Georgia/Mcintosh County/ Region 12

Postby wolfe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Just checking in, just super busy.