• Advertisement

Wake County NC Disappointment

CERT stands for "Community Emergency Response Team" and is a program that educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. CERT Members please post about your activities and training in this sub-forum

Re: Wake County NC Disappointment

Postby Peter_Prepper » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:00 am

maustypsu wrote:I finally did get a response after emailing the Raleigh City Manager a list of dates, times and methods I've used to contact his office regarding CERT. Here is what I got back...

The CERT team in Raleigh is not currently active. Should you wish to volunteer, I would suggest local organizations such as the Baptist Men or American Red Cross. They, as well as others, provide excellent training and disaster response.

Thanks,

Sounds like another case of " Nothing to do about much but much to do about nothing" Sort of like the change we heard about form one of those presidential candiates a few years back :eek:
Peter_Prepper
Mississippi Preppers Network
Mississippi Preppers Network

Re: Wake County NC Disappointment

Postby arkieready » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 am

My CERT certificate expires in a few months & have started looking last week. Nothing in a 4 county search. I asked a fd friend if his department would sponsor 1 for his county. Blank look. I asked what citizens do when they have a tornado; he said they wait for help. No kidding? Sponsor CERT training to a few of the businesses & government bodies in town & you will have help at hand!
Maybe .Guv money (lack thereof) is the problem
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Previous

Return to CERT