• Advertisement

CERT Forum Available

CERT stands for "Community Emergency Response Team" and is a program that educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. CERT Members please post about your activities and training in this sub-forum

CERT Forum Available

Postby CapsLock » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Having been frustrated with the lack of a means to connect and share with CERT volunteers in my town (without going through the local emergency management office) and not finding a forum on the web I decided to create a no-cost forum for CERTS in the United States to connect and share their knowledge, info, etc.

I just put it up this week so there's nor much yet, except a couple of posts and two files I uploaded. I will be adding more content.

If you are a CERT, please take a look, consider joining and participating in the forum.

Thanks,

http://certusa.freeforums.net/
There are two freedoms, the false where one is free to do what he likes, and the true where he is free to do what he ought. - C. Kingsley
CapsLock

Re: CERT Forum Available

Postby SCVCERT » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Caps,
good to see. I am a CERT instructor in CA. I know there are a few FB pages.
Good luck
SCVCERT

Re: CERT Forum Available

Postby CapsLock » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:15 pm

SCVCERT,

Thanks for the good thoughts. Have a couple of sign ups so far and I've post a few more files and some info posts.

My local EM officer has a FB page, but 99% of the posts are from them. Few of the CERTS post and what is posted isn't of much substance.

Hopefully the forum style format where CERTS can commo directly to one another will be more valuable to us volunteers.
There are two freedoms, the false where one is free to do what he likes, and the true where he is free to do what he ought. - C. Kingsley
CapsLock

Return to CERT