• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Your CERT activity

CERT stands for "Community Emergency Response Team" and is a program that educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. CERT Members please post about your activities and training in this sub-forum

Re: Your CERT activity

Postby Rod » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:14 am

I guess my cert team is defunct. It seems the director of emergency services is a hard man to volunteer for. If he were to scream at me I would walk away laughing also.
Where will you turn to for help when the Red Cross, Salvation Army and your Insurance is worn out? A.N.T.S.
User avatar
Rod
Connecticut Preppers Network
Connecticut Preppers Network
 
Posts: 1710
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:53 pm
Location: Southeast Connecticut Region 4
Karma: 54

Re: Your CERT activity

Postby Whisper » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Yeah it's been dark without the Light!!! I went through CERT training a several months ago. Learned some good stuff.
User avatar
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 pm
Location: North Carolina
Karma: 49

Re: Your CERT activity

Postby repsfo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Whisper wrote:Yeah it's been dark without the Light!!! I went through CERT training a several months ago. Learned some good stuff.


Been asking about CERT in Guilford Co. for two years now, NOTHING!
repsfo
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Piedmont-Triad NC
Karma: 13

Re: Your CERT activity

Postby Whisper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:03 pm

repsfo wrote:
Whisper wrote:Yeah it's been dark without the Light!!! I went through CERT training a several months ago. Learned some good stuff.


Been asking about CERT in Guilford Co. for two years now, NOTHING!


Same here. I reported them for never contacting anyone. Guilford is Bankrupt! you have to go to Forsyth like we did. I think they are having another one this year.
User avatar
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 pm
Location: North Carolina
Karma: 49

Re: Your CERT activity

Postby repsfo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Whisper wrote:
repsfo wrote:
Whisper wrote:Yeah it's been dark without the Light!!! I went through CERT training a several months ago. Learned some good stuff.


Been asking about CERT in Guilford Co. for two years now, NOTHING!


Same here. I reported them for never contacting anyone. Guilford is Bankrupt! you have to go to Forsyth like we did. I think they are having another one this year.



I think Davidson did one also and had many people ask for another.
repsfo
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Piedmont-Triad NC
Karma: 13

Re: Your CERT activity

Postby Whisper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 pm

repsfo wrote:I think Davidson did one also and had many people ask for another.


No, those folks were in our class too.
User avatar
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 pm
Location: North Carolina
Karma: 49

Re: Your CERT activity

Postby explo72 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm

wow, did not know so many people are having bad experiences with CERT.

mine has been outstanding.

took the class about 3 years ago in the county adjacent to mine and have deployed for two real disasters and deployed in anticipation of two other weather related events that did not materialize.

the first was local flooding and I worked in the communications room at the EMC, from right after work till about 2 in the morning.

the second was a major disaster. We had 5 tornado's with 7 fatalities.

I spent about 14 hours in the communications room helping to coordinate first responders, then volunteers.

Then I helped start a CERT group in the county I live in, first class was 27 people.
explo72
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm
Karma: 0

Previous

Return to CERT

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the APN Email Newsletter - Enter your e-mail address below


  Links and Resources
  -Links
  -Podcasts
  -Free Ebooks



Trusted Sponsors









cron
Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer