• Advertisement

Forum and Server Upgrade Soon - There will be Hiccups

Section for the North Carolina Preppers Network (sub-forums are unlocked)

Moderator: maustypsu

Re: Forum and Server Upgrade Soon - There will be Hiccups

Postby ReadyMom » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:56 am

Just wanted folks to know that there is a FACEBOOK page for American Preppers Network. If you want, you can access it here: https://www.facebook.com/AmericanPreppersNetwork/ . It may be an option for anyone who wants to stay connected, if the APN forum goes down for any length of time.

I actually have a facebook page under my 'ReadyMom' name that I set up within my personal facebook page. This way, I can post under that on-line screen name and still keep my personal life separate. If you want, you can do the same thing. Keep in mind, you'd have to manage TWO facebook pages, but if the one is just prepping-related, it's not too bad and keeps all your prepping in one place and out of the prying eyes of family & others you don't want to know what you're up to 8) ... ;) -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby daaswampman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:01 pm

arkieready wrote:Yeah, riiiight, swamp. And how much snow do expect to see this winter, way down south where it's nice and warm?

Ok, let's all get our big girl panties on for the rough road up ahead. Thank you for the heads up, NIP, and thank you for this site.

It was brutal last night at work, no APN, then I get home at 0200 with clear skies and forty degrees! Thank God for climate controlled garages and automatic doors! Living on the edge by daa Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 pm

The downtime yesterday had nothing to do with the upgrade. Hostgator had an entire data center go down. There shouldn't be any downtime during the upgrade, just some hiccups with error codes and such.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby IceFire » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Glad things are up and running now. I was going into withdrawals...couldn't access APN ALL WEEKEND! (From Friday night until today)
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:30 pm

My apologies, I wasn't expecting any downtime, but in order to avoid losing posts during the transfer process we took the forum offline (supposed to be very temporarily) while we transferred the database over. It ended up taking a lot longer than we thought. Over 5 million lines in the database. You guys talk a lot! Anyway, that took a long time and then there were some error issues. But everything should be fixed now. Soon, the domain name will be working instead of having to link over here.

In a few days we'll do the forum update, and that will have some more issues to deal with
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RayMac1963 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Liar, liar, pants on fire...
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:32 pm

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 11.34.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 11.34.57 PM.png (172.18 KiB) Viewed 66739 times
Was going through withdrawal. :blink: Feeling MUCH better, now. :D
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to North Carolina Preppers Network Forum