• Advertisement

PA: Prep Items-Current Store Sales

Anything shopping related in PA found here. Including Shopping sources, great local deals, outlets, and more.

Moderators: ReadyMom, kr105

PA: Prep Items-Current Store Sales

Postby ReadyMom » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 am

Thought we could post good finds on prep items that are on sale in stores, throughout PA, as we find them. They can be specific grocery items, electronics, storage supplies, or whatever you find that might be helpful for household prepping.

This week, I found Kitty Litter BOGO at Giant Food Stores, in Central PA.

ImageKitty Litter-Tidy Cat-20# bag- buy one get one!
Uses: Alternate Potty-line the plastic bags with it. Or store extra if you have a cat or two. The litter on sale is NOT the clumping kind, though, if that makes a difference.
Price: $3.69 ea. BOGO= $3.69/for 2
Where: Giant Food Stores

This is a great price on peanut butter. It's just going up in price and not often on sale for this price, anymore :(

Peanut Butter-Wegman's store brand-Small jar
Price: .99 cents/jar!
Where: Wegman's Grocery store
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: PA: Prep Items-Current Store Sales

Postby IceFire » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:46 pm

GREAT topic, RM! This can be a really good resource for us! Thanks for starting it off.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Not a store sale, but I wasn't sure where else to put this. I'm currently looking for a puppy on Craigs list (and everywhere else on the net) and saw this post tonight. It's a PREP item, someone may be interested in:

Free to good home 7 Chickens (Glenolden, PA)
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pet/1922902775.html

We are looking for a good home for our 7 female chickens. They are 4 months old and we are not able to keep them in our yard due to borough ordinances. Please help us give them a good home by replying to our post and taking them off our hands. They must go ASAP!
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:23 am

tlwagg wrote:Tractor Supply has all their canning supply's on sale. The jars were reduced $3 a case. Around Atlanta that's a deal. People around here don't seem to can much anymore.

The best everyday price I've found on jars is Big Lot's $7 for quarts but they don't carry the wide mouth that I use for canning meat.

Here are PA locations for 'Tractor Supply':
http://www.tractorsupply.com/StoreBySta ... ogId=10001

PENNSYLVANIA

BEAVER FALLS, BELLE VERNON, BLOOMSBURG, BUTLER, CARLISLE, CHAMBERSBURG, CLARION, CLEARFIELD, CORRY, CRANBERRY TOWNSHI, DUBOIS, DUNCANSVILLE, ELIZABETHVILLE, ERIE, EVERETT, FRANKLIN, GIBSONIA, GREENVILLE, HANOVER, HARRISBURG, HERMITAGE, HUNTINGDON, INDIANA, JOHNSTOWN, KITTANNING, LATROBE, LEBANON, LEHIGHTON, LEWISTOWN, MANSFIELD, MEADVILLE, MONTROSE, MOUNT PLEASANT, MUNCY, MURRYSVILLE, NAZARETH, NEW CASTLE, NEW FREEDOM, OXFORD, PARKESBURG, POTTSTOWN, PUNXSUTAWNEY, QUAKERTOWN, SAYRE, SHAMOKIN DAM, SOMERSET, ST. CLAIR, ST. MARYS, STATE COLLEGE, STRASBURG, TEMPLE, TREXLERTOWN, TUNKHANNOCK, UNIONTOWN, WARREN, WASHINGTON, WEST HAZELTON, WILKES BARRE, YORK
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby PAfrogmom » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Hey PA preppers, Acme Supermarkets is running sale on canned Green Giant veggies, select varieties. If you buy 10 cans at 89cent each with your store club card, you get extra 50 cents off each can - end price is 39 cents a can or 10 cans for $3.90!!! You save $5.00!

Even there is NO limit to the offer printed in their sales circular, apparently it is only good for one offer per card per day. The register blocked us from using the same club/store card for the deal for 2 sales transactions. I had them call over manager who said had to give it to us. Me and hubby have separate cards (different numbers) so we did separate orders. Got 20 cans of veggies for $8 - not bad, especially when I have seen them on sale at other places for $1/can.
The joy of life lies not in the destination but in the journey. Live life without regrets.
PAfrogmom

Postby ReadyMom » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:18 pm

PAfrogmom ... that's a GREAT deal! Our Walmart had a clearance for chicken soup several weeks ago. Just a bunch of cans stacked up in the front of the store. I got them for .25 cents each! Filled my cart, lol!
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby PAfrogmom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:59 am

Sometimes all you have to do is keep your eyes open. I keep a 3x5 card in my everyday carry bag (a backpack for now) with current prices of stuff we use so always have a reference when something looks like its a good deal. Way to go on the soup= add a little rice and some fresh bread and instant warming meal after shoveling driveways and sidewalks when the snow starts flying!
The joy of life lies not in the destination but in the journey. Live life without regrets.
PAfrogmom

Postby IceFire » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Ollie's has 1 liter (33.8 ox) bottles of Extra Virgin Olive oil for $4.99. Combined with the 15% off coupon I got in the mail, that brought the cost down to $4.24 per liter. :D The same size bottle at the grocery store runs about $8.99, so ended up getting it for LESS than 1/2 price. Ended up getting a dozen bottles.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:31 pm

PAfrogmom wrote:Sometimes all you have to do is keep your eyes open. I keep a 3x5 card in my everyday carry bag (a backpack for now) with current prices of stuff we use so always have a reference when something looks like its a good deal. Way to go on the soup= add a little rice and some fresh bread and instant warming meal after shoveling driveways and sidewalks when the snow starts flying!
:( Bite your tongue! I want my summer back. -k
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 pm

IceFire wrote:Ollie's has 1 liter (33.8 ox) bottles of Extra Virgin Olive oil for $4.99. Combined with the 15% off coupon I got in the mail, that brought the cost down to $4.24 per liter. :D The same size bottle at the grocery store runs about $8.99, so ended up getting it for LESS than 1/2 price. Ended up getting a dozen bottles.

Good find on the olive oil. Here's storage info:

What is the Shelf-Life of Oil?
http://www.ochef.com/64.htm

Olive oil will keep for about 6 months in the cool, dark pantry, but up to a year in the refrigerator.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 am

What? 5 lb. bag of Dole Russet Potatoes
Where: Amelia's
$$: .97/5 lb bag

What a deal! I bought four and am dehydrating them into 'scallop' style, today. They are nice, smooth potatoes. Don't look like 'seconds'.

I usually get potatoes when they are BOGO. Or on sale for $1.99. This is a no-brainer for a purchase, to me. I'll be going back and getting more. I'll be purchasing some to take to my Dad, when I visit him, later this week, along with a few bags of their frozen veggies for $1.29/2 lb bag (peas, french cut green beans, carrotts, peas & carrot mix). I dehydrate the veggies, too!

(ps... NO affiliation w/ Amelia's ... I just shop there a LOT, now!) -k
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby IceFire » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Aldi has 5 lb bags of sugar on sale for $1.89. 5 lb bags of flour are .99
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby PAfrogmom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:54 pm

WHOA -thats low! Thanks IceFire, I'm going to add the Alid's to my list of chores for tomorrow
PAfrogmom

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Rice

Rice May Triple in 18 Months as Supplies Tighten, Duxton's Peter Forecasts

Found a good price for rice in Central PA @ Aldi's, thanks to a tip from 'JayJay'

Aldi's: Camp Hill
White, long grain rice
3 lb bag: $1.39 = .44 cents per pound
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby IceFire » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:31 pm

That's where I've been buying my rice. Also, they have 2 lb bags of Great Northern beans for $1.98 (99 cents per pound, and 2 lb bags of pinto beans for about $1.37 (68.5 cents per lb).
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Pennsylvania Shopping