• Advertisement

Wyoming Says "NO!" To federal gun grabbers

Topics about guns

Wyoming Says "NO!" To federal gun grabbers

Postby WyoDutch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:20 am

STATE OF WYOMING/HOUSE BILL NO. HB0104

Firearm Protection Act.

Sponsored by: Representative(s) Kroeker, Baker, Burkhart, Jaggi, Miller, Piiparinen, Reeder and Winters and Senator(s) Dockstader and Hicks

A BILL for

1 AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming; providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Wyoming: 8
9 Section 1. W.S. 6-8-405 is amended to read:

6-8-405. Offenses and penalties; defense of Wyoming citizens.

(a) No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

(b) Any official, agent or employee of the United States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not less than one (1) year and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.
You know times are bad in America when GW Bush's presidency starts looking good..
WyoDutch
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Re: Wyoming Says "NO!" To federal gun grabbers

Postby ShotgunBlast » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:
ShotgunBlast

Postby BK in KC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:04 am

I like it. The irony is that a state law can't supersede a federal law so this is an unconstitutional state law to prevent enforcement of an unconstitutional federal law.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions."

--James Lileks
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby WyoDutch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:12 am

The Wyoming Constitution already provides for the right to keep and bear arms. This new legislation is simply designed to draw a line in the sand. We'll worry about the constitutionality later. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Article 1, Section 24. Right to bear arms.
The right of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the state shall not be denied.

"And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on."
You know times are bad in America when GW Bush's presidency starts looking good..
WyoDutch
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby USAFESP20th » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:08 am

BK in KC wrote:I like it. The irony is that a state law can't supersede a federal law so this is an unconstitutional state law to prevent enforcement of an unconstitutional federal law.

Tenth Amendment of the Bill of Rights is for State rights ex: Montana's Fierarms Act. :gunsmile:
DON"T TREAD ON ME!!!! Live Free and Proud, Always!!!!!!

O' Great Spirit, help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in Silence! " Cherokee Prayer"
USAFESP20th
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby prepperman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 am

The Redoubt states keep looking better and better
prepperman

Postby BK in KC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 am

USAFESP20th wrote:
BK in KC wrote:I like it. The irony is that a state law can't supersede a federal law so this is an unconstitutional state law to prevent enforcement of an unconstitutional federal law.

Tenth Amendment of the Bill of Rights is for State rights ex: Montana's Fierarms Act. :gunsmile:

I hope the bill passes, I will be interested to see how it plays out.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions."

--James Lileks
BK in KC

Postby LackyPrepper1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 am

Yea, I had heard this was going on up in Montana too, though I don't know the details. The states ought to start pushing back on the Federal government and letting them know their "place". If it's not sold or transported interstate, then keep your grubby little hands off of it.

I would love to see firearm manufacturers starting to set up shop in each state, manufacturing and distributing within the confines of their own borders. The feds would throw a fit and try to regulate it, but they'd have so many court cases in the system, Holder wouldn't know what to do with them all.

Good luck in Wyoming! Go get 'em.
LackyPrepper1

Postby rudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 am

When states joined the union they were required to honor the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments). This then became a contract between the federal government and each state.

If bama issues an executive order, then he is breaking the contract and all states are free to enact any laws since the Constitution is no longer in effect. :angry:
" Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer our friend."
The zoo has an African lion, the White House has a lyin' African.
rudy

Postby BK in KC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 am

rudy wrote:

When states joined the union they were required to honor the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments). This then became a contract between the federal government and each state.

If bama issues an executive order, then he is breaking the contract and all states are free to enact any laws since the Constitution is no longer in effect. :angry:

And the next logical step is secession and likely civil war. Pray it doesn't come to that.

--James Lileks
BK in KC

Postby Everyman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am

Things are becoming more and more polarized. Increasingly there is a clear line being drawn between political, legal and individual groups. It seems to me to be rapidly intensifying and expanding. If it continues it will almost certainly result in civil conflict.

We should all remember that when the Soviet Union was on the verge of collapse the United States Government was intensely encouraging the Soviet satellite states to assert themselves and break away from the communist bloc. I doubt you’ll hear our government sing that song when it comes to our States.

The headline “The Breakup of the Soviet Union” is old news. The new headline will read: “The Breakup of the United States.”
You are free to use or republish anything I have written here provided that your intent is to freely disseminate information that will help people. Attributions to Everyman appreciated.

From the most famous of the Medieval Morality Plays: And sayth one of the Virtues “Everyman I will go with thee to meet thy fate, I will attend thee when there is want; I am the Virtue of Knowledge.”

If voting worked it would be illegal.
Everyman
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby terrapin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Good for Wyoming! :thumbsup:

We need more states asserting their rights.
terrapin

Postby ShotgunBlast » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:51 pm

BK in KC wrote:
rudy wrote:

And the next logical step is secession and likely civil war. Pray it doesn't come to that.

Secession and civil war vs the continued slow circling of the drain. hhhmmm... tough call. At least one of those options would get us to a position where we can start over and move on faster.
ShotgunBlast

Postby MEMsurvivor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:20 pm

rudy wrote:

The US constitution would always be in effect. It is now effectively being used as toilet paper, a doormat, rolling papers, and kindling, but its still in effect.
The sheep act like the wolves will never come, but the sheepdog lives for the day that they do.
MEMsurvivor
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

BK in KC wrote:

I don't think it ever would come to that if gun owners and states that value freedom like Wyoming stand their ground and don't cower and back down. Sure, liberals want to control, dominate, and force everyone into their world view, but they also don't want a civil war, in the end they are still bleeding heart liberals and won't want a war on our soil no matter what their philosophical beliefs are. If these states stood their ground at threat of a civil war, then they would ultimately compromise and allow those states to either separate, or be exempted from the federal law. The trick is TO NOT BACK DOWN....period.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Guns