• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Roots Rendezvous

Section for the Rhode Island Preppers Network (Sub-Forums are unlocked)

Roots Rendezvous

Postby hiddeninplainsight » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Folks,

I wanted to let you all know about an opportunity coming up at the end of September. It's called Roots Rendezvous. It's held in northern Vermont. It's a gathering of individuals who share interests in primitive living skills. I went last year and had a wonderful time and learned many new skills. I plan on going again this year. It's 4 days (Thursday through Sunday) and involves lots of workshops. They look for people to teach classes as well. Last year some of the classes offered were: Bow-drill firemaking, Basic firebuilding, Lacto-fermentation, mushroom foraging, cattail mat weaving, basketmaking, Using the whole animal (an ongoing course where we went through, killing, butchering, cooking, tanning the hide, and uses for entrails, bones, and other parts of a young ram), knife and axe throwing, atl-atl throwing, pottery making and firing, hand drill fire, tree climbing, and more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Check out their websire for info.
http://www.rootsvt.com/
"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished." Proverbs 22:3
hiddeninplainsight

Re: Roots Rendezvous

Postby dogboy » Tue May 21, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks!
dogboy

Return to Rhode Island Preppers Network Forum