• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Bugging In or Out

Section for the Rhode Island Preppers Network (Sub-Forums are unlocked)

Bugging In or Out

Postby nhguy03235 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Hello fellow Preppers...I am somewhat new to the prepper life style but am doing my best with what I have. I would like to get a conversation going on the merits of bugging in or bugging out. Those who are familiar with our small state would agree that in the event of a SHTF scenario it would be difficult to pack up and move out. I have my thoughts and would like to hear thoughts of other like minded people. I personally feel that initially it would be better to stay put and see what's going to happen but I am putting a plan together to "get out of Dodge" when necessary. So...let's get this conversation going, get to know each other, swap ideas....Thanks in advance...John & Deb
nhguy03235

Re: Bugging In or Out

Postby daaswampman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Well - I have a BOL and a Bunker, yes I am one of those, but I do not plan to bug out and leave my home until I feel my home is not safe. I say that with the full knowledge that I have a place to go and would be bugging out from rural to more rural. I don't think there is one right answer, every situation is different. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby nhguy03235 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:16 pm

Afternoon Swamp and thanks for the reply. I guess you are one of the lucky ones with a BOL and a bunker but for the average joe, like myself, are having enough of a struggle paying the mortgage and the car and all our other bills and in the end there isn't enough left over to buy a BOL. I have an idea of where we will go when things get to bad but right now my main priority is having enough supplies on hand in order to survive and making a plan on how to get out. I have begun to look at locations but not sure if my money would be better spent on building up our supply of food and other supplies along with our defensive equipment. That is my main reason for attempting to start this conversation, to get ideas from other people....Thanks for responding and hope to hear more from you and others....
nhguy03235

Postby daaswampman » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:47 pm

My first BOL was a very old travel trailer, on a tiny lot in one of those old forgotten campgrounds you find on the back roads. I think it cost me four thousand lot and all. I am in the high rent district now so to speak, but that took years to accomplish. All you really have to have is a place to go that has water.

Check the back roads for old dilapidated homes and homesteads. I have found several for less that the cost of a well. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman

Return to Rhode Island Preppers Network Forum