• Advertisement

Spring Break 2013

Topics related to camping, including parks and other places to camp, gear, tips and ideas etc.. (Not Necessarily wilderness survival. For wilderness survival topics please visit the Survival Category)

Re: Spring Break 2013

Postby mombear » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 am

Drake, you are so right on the closed cell pads, I tried once with a air mattress and it sucked the heat right out of me and I had it pretty well layered. I do sleep up on the cot with a 4 inch closed cell pad and LOVE it!! my DH throws off so much heat that if we spooned we would have to be,... never mind. When my grand children get old enough to do the early morning chores I'll be happy! now the oldest is three and she sleeps with grandpa cause he is warm and her cold little feet are just to much of a shocker for me.

This is a good thing to note for everyone, layers is the key to keeping warm while your sleeping. It serves two purposes one it saves resources, like firewood and two makes it way more enjoyable cause you got sleep. I do have about the same set up that Drake uses but I don't have the wool blankets, think I'll put them on my list.
Your failure to prepare, does not make it an emergency for me!!
mombear
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Camping