• Advertisement

WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO GO GOLD PROSPECTING THIS AUG./SEPT?

Topics related to camping, including parks and other places to camp, gear, tips and ideas etc.. (Not Necessarily wilderness survival. For wilderness survival topics please visit the Survival Category)

Re: WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO GO GOLD PROSPECTING THIS AUG./SEPT?

Postby Gunns » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:30 am

Man that sounds like a lot of fun. I don't think I can do it though. Now days I have to sit up and sleep or I don't sleep at all.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Just have to get away from it all no matter what. No news, no TV, no nothing but peace, quiet and tranquility. Just the sounds of nature and the sights and smells of her beauty. Sure hope there are some delicious wild berries getting ripe when I get there. Really need some pleasant surroundings and really nice days. :-) Lifelong
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby peekachoo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:55 pm

About 35 years ago we spent about a month in Livingston. Great country!
peekachoo
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi Peek. Livingston is where my natural Father lived, so of course I have spent considerable time there and in that area and The Paradise Valley. He was a railroader for 47 years. His only occupation of his entire working life. He started as a railroader at age 17, shoveling coal into the fireboxes of steam locomotives. . Probably lied about his age. He loved the railroad. He sure was happy when diesel locomotives came into being. It was he who taught me how to operate a diesel locomotive. It gives the operator a feeling of power. Have you ever come back for a visit or vacation? Livingston has not grown much at all since you were there but it has changed and modernized some. :-) Lifelong
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby peekachoo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:55 am

I helped build the diesel tank for the Burlington Northern. I have not been back. Wish we could. We enjoyed the area very much.
peekachoo

Postby Photon Guy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm

So its now August. Any plans for prospecting in MT? I really want to do it.
Photon Guy

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Photon. Are you really sure you want to? I have some questions for you. How much time can you devote to it? (here). Your travel time driving will probably 2 days each way. Plus or minus. Tell me what you have for camping gear, outdoor clothing etc. I will make a check list for you of some things you will need to bring with you. Since you are the only person to respond I will need to revise the plan and downsize the camp, because there isn't a third person to take turns between guarding camp and going out on day trips from base camp. In Mont. it is unwise to leave a camp unattended or out of sight for very long at all. There are a few bad people everywhere...even in Mont. and it is tourist and vacation season so we have also a lot of out of staters roaming all over the territory too. I have known a couple who left there camp unattended for most of a day and when they returned late that afternoon it was completely gone EVERYTHING was gone. The thieves were never caught. Their stuff cost a LOT of money to replace. Years ago it was not like that. When backpacking or horse packing it is different, because you would be a long way back into the Mountains and up a trail several miles. (where there would be almost no one else in the area). If you want to talk about it send me a PM. :-) Lifelong
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Too late now. The offer and invitation expire as of this Posting. :-) Lifelong
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby handyman777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Have a good trip and enjoy..!!!

I'm sure many of us here would like to hear all about your adventure, when you get back.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Camping