• Advertisement

THIS is Why I Don't Keep Money in the Bank!

Discuss Finances Here. *Note, this is not a replacement for Professional advice and should not be used for such.

Moderator: medic94

THIS is Why I Don't Keep Money in the Bank!

Postby IceFire » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 am

If you ever wondered why some of us prefer to keep our money at home, instead of in the bank, read THIS http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/spy-agencies-americans-finances/2013/03/13/id/494604?s=al&promo_code=12CA8-1

Personally, I just keep enough in the bank to pay the bills, with a small "cushion". Everything else, I keep "elsewhere". If you read farther down into the article, you'll find that while the OTHER "spy agencies" are NOW being given access to our financial records, the FBI has been doing it for YEARS! :eek:
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: THIS is Why I Don't Keep Money in the Bank!

Postby ShotgunBlast » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah, maybe they'll discover that no one has any additional money to extract additional taxes from.
ShotgunBlast

Postby daaswampman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:41 pm

I understand the intention, but like everything it can be abused. Just one more intrusion into the illusion we call privacy. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby DesertDweller » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 pm

IceFire wrote:If you ever wondered why some of us prefer to keep our money at home, instead of in the bank, read THIS http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/spy-agencies-americans-finances/2013/03/13/id/494604?s=al&promo_code=12CA8-1

Personally, I just keep enough in the bank to pay the bills, with a small "cushion". Everything else, I keep "elsewhere". If you read farther down into the article, you'll find that while the OTHER "spy agencies" are NOW being given access to our financial records, the FBI has been doing it for YEARS! :eek:

DITTO!
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire" ~Charles Bukowski~
DesertDweller
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby FussyOldHen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:44 pm

A few years back I read about a retiring couple who decided to pay off some of their outstanding debt because a) they were retiring, and b) their interest rates were higher than the interest on their savings. One credit card they paid off in full was $7,000, I think. A hold was put on the payment because the “large” payment had been flagged to be investigated on where the money “came from”.

I’ll bet they don’t “flag” the accounts of any members of Congress.
FussyOldHen

Postby FussyOldHen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:56 pm

From the OP’s link: “… plans to give all U.S. spy agencies full access to a massive database that contains financial data on American citizens and others who bank in the country…”

A normal person might think that they would do better to start looking into some OFFSHORE accounts, first. And, as to “unusually structured bank accounts”, let’s start with Congress and the Prez.

And if they do start collecting that info, how many laptops containing the info are going to be left on the front seat of convertibles by the brain-dead “investigators” and stolen?

They’re really using “terrorism” to rob us of a lot of our rights. Maybe there was something to the idea that Bin Laden didn’t do the WTC, after all.

But there might be a bright side: if the FBI has full access, they don’t seem to be doing much with it. Of course, that doesn’t mean the other agencies wouldn’t find a “better use” for the info.
FussyOldHen

Postby HDMM » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:10 pm

IceFire wrote:If you ever wondered why some of us prefer to keep our money at home, instead of in the bank, read THIS http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/spy-agencies-americans-finances/2013/03/13/id/494604?s=al&promo_code=12CA8-1

My wife and I do the same exact thing.

King Obama can stick it where there sun don't shine....
NRA Certified Instructor ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
HDMM
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Mollypup » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:45 pm

I have 15.00 in my checking account. No savings account. No retirement. Nada. I pay bills in person with cash. :)
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby DesertDweller » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:22 am

paladin wrote:Just finished spending the entire amount I got from selling my residence. I bought 2 pcs of land, erected 30x60 pole barn shop for DH, a 50x30 pole barn to turn into a house for me and DH and 1500sf log home for DS and family. No money left in the bank, pay day to pay day now, but so what... everything we have is paid for, no bills, except utilities and taxes. No more money in the bank / all tied up into real estate.

:thumbsup:

WAY TO GO! :clap: :clap: Okay, so I'll admit I'm a lil' jealous! :D
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire" ~Charles Bukowski~
DesertDweller
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm

paladin wrote:Just finished spending the entire amount I got from selling my residence. I bought 2 pcs of land, erected 30x60 pole barn shop for DH, a 50x30 pole barn to turn into a house for me and DH and 1500sf log home for DS and family. No money left in the bank, pay day to pay day now, but so what... everything we have is paid for, no bills, except utilities and taxes. No more money in the bank / all tied up into real estate.

:thumbsup:

Yup! If we can get our OLD house sold, then any money we get (after the payoff on the note) will go towards paying off bills and aquiring the acreage we want. Plus, getting out from under the mortgage on that place will give us quite a bit more for paying off bills and getting our "homestead" set up.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sat May 07, 2016 1:47 pm

I totally changed my Policies on my income, revised my spending methods, and copycatted Icefire's policy. I keep the bank accounts open with just enough minimum to do so. No more savings going in that account, checking just enough to cover monthly bills and a small Buffer, Withdraw the rest in cash currency and keep it handy. My bank pays 0.001 % interest on savings. No point on having it in there at all with limited access to it, and no access when their systems are down. My cash is just as safe and secure at home and in my pocket as it would be in any bank (see ccw permit), and all spies are kept in the dark about everything I do with money. I am always asked at check out in stores if I have a rewards card. Reply, ? No I don't need one one thank you..... Good on you IceFire! Those of us with will power and restraint and wise spending and budgeting with do just fine in this mode. :-) Lifelong
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Wed May 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Everything having to do with your money is inportant and the more truths you know the better off you will be. :-) Lifelong
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sat May 14, 2016 12:28 pm

BACK TO THE BOARD
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sat May 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Yup, I like very quick no hassle access to my money at any given time. Keep just enough there to keep accounts open, active and current. :-) Lifelong
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Besides needing my cash available 24/7s, no one can steal or seize it if it's not there. Keep just enough there to keep my accts. open and active. Besides, I have used a lot of it for recent purchases for upcoming activities. Gunna be a Great Summer! :-) Lifelong
Lifelong Survivalist

Return to Financial Issues