• Advertisement

Services for Rebnavy

Post here about lost loved ones that you would like remembered. Also start threads for fallen soldiers and officers killed in the line of duty.

Services for Rebnavy

Postby tidewaterva » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Services for Rebnavy (William B. Whorton) of Saluda Virginia will be on Sunday September 10, 2017. Here is the link to the obituary including the address and time:

http://bristow-faulkner.com/wordpress/?p=2962

Mrs. Tidewaterva visited with Janice, Bill's wife, and Janice is inviting Bill's APN friends to attend. There are at least two small hotels in Gloucester VA which are in a safe area and should provide satisfactory lodging within about 10 miles of the church. If there are several from the APN forum that attend and wish to meet and fellowship more after the service, we could arrange to meet and eat at one of several area family restaurants.

I don't have further information about the services at this time. If I can answer any question or help in any way for those attending from out of the local area, please PM me. Blessings to all as we remember and celebrate the life of our friend and brother Bill Whorton.
tidewaterva
Virginia Preppers Network

Re: Services for Rebnavy

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Awww...Man. :(

I am so sorry to hear this.

I know a lot of you have known Reb better than me and a lot longer, but in the almost year I have been on here I've come to think of Reb as a friend in the PM's and public interactions we had.

Anyone that can make me think of them like that and smile as often as I did in a limited interaction and just in an online forum had to have been an amazing person to known personally.

Prayers out for friends and family.

I'm really going to miss you Reb. Your banter and wit were awesome to have had interactions with and your advice was sound. Thank you. No more pain my friend....

RIP buddy.
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby TimWhite » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Rest in Peace REB, you will be sorely missed. :( :'( :(
"We can have no '50-50' allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

"Pride and arrogance are a lethal combination and have brought about the downfall of many powerful men". Charlie Daniels
TimWhite
Illinois Preppers Network
Illinois Preppers Network

Postby kenjabroni » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Man OH Man

Truly sad to hear about this. We definitely lost a good soul. Loved his little remarks and will miss his knowledge. My thoughts are with his family in this time.....

We will miss you Reb and I think a lot of us out here admired and loved you. Godspeed.
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to attend, although I dearly wish that I could. Is there an address where I could at least send a card?
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby tidewaterva » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:14 pm

I suggest sending cards to the William Whorton family c/o Salem United Methodist Church (full address in the link at the top of this thread)
tidewaterva

Postby IceFire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks for the info...I'll do that. Although we never met in person, Bill was a good friend. I will definitely miss him, as will many others who have gotten to know him online through the years.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby pilgrimtr » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:03 am

God speed Bill (Reb) I wish I could be there, but I will be offering up prayers for you and you wife and family. I will miss your post.
pilgrim :(
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby handyman777 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Rest In Peace "Reb" you will be missed.
Prayers to your family.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby anita » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks for posting the obituary, Tidewater. It was nice to put a face with the Reb I've been corresponding with for years.
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby BK in KC » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm

So sad to hear this. RIP Reb. :(
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Our fellow prepper is truly a free man now. God bless Bill.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby MrDanB » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:36 pm

So sorry to hear this news. What great banter he shared with us here at APN! Peace be with you sir.
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm

So on learning that Rebnavy passed, which I recently found out from reading this thread, I would like to say this, aww what a bummer. I remember reading some of his posts and he said some really good stuff. Too bad I never got to meet him. He will be missed.
Photon Guy

Postby itsadisaster » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am

I haven't been on here much past year or 2 but lurk from time to time and just saw the other post about Reb's ailing health and passing. Bill was such a wonderful person and contributor and we'll keep Janice and their loved ones in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for updating us tidewaterva and stay safe everyone. j (itsa)
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free 58-pg ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it? with tips about hurricanes, floods, evacuations, wildfires, kits + more
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Next

Return to In Memoriam