• Advertisement

Buying boroscope

Ask Carborendum for tips on construction and building projects here

Moderator: Carborendum

Buying boroscope

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Can you guys help me with this? I figured some of you would know. I want to buy my husband a borosocope
for Christmas. He is always remodeling old houses and we are looking for wires and all kinds of stuff in the
walls, also thought he might be able to use it on the motorhome or when repairing vehicles. He is getting
ready to fix a piston in an old truck and I thought he might be able to view in the motor with this??

I know you can get real expensive ones but I would like to keep it under $500. I did see a Milwaukee one
for $650 that said you could see from 5 to 20 feet, but I hate to spend that much and it not be good. There
must be dozens of brands anymore. I want decent resolution, as long a probe as possible, mainly stand
alone but I see them available to use with an Ipad, that would give a much bigger pictures. He has no idea
I have this in mind and I hope to surprise him with one that is really useful. Any input would be greatly
appreciated as I'm running out of time to order one and just keep floundering in my research, trying to find
a site that does comparisons. But people with personal experiences are usually the best.
PatrioticStabilist

Re: Buying boroscope

Postby Dirk Williams » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:16 pm

Boroscope? Do,you mean a bore Scope?

DW
Dirk Williams

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:44 pm

I looked it up and see it spelled both ways. but I guess borescope will do.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby tidewaterva » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:30 pm

PS, there is a big selection of borescopes available on Amazon. I was pleased to see that they are available with a micro USB cable to use with an Iphone or Android, starting at $20-30 and up. Looks like it adds $100 to buy a display unit with the scope. I have had good success buying products on Amazon with a large number of favorable reviews (100 positive reviews beats 5 positive). Hope this helps.
tidewaterva
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:58 am

PS, that's a very nice gift for your DD. Good call.

I'd just never heard of a boro scope.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:21 pm

I found one, it was more then I wanted to pay but it had a 9 ft cable, I just felt like the
3 ft ones were to short. Also it records so you can look at it on a computer. I know
he will use it, he could have a long time ago and the work he is doing right now. But
he can't have it till Christmas. I try to find tools for him each year that are something
he can use but would not spend money on for himself. He is spending a ton on an
old motorhome he won't even use so its only fair. Also got him a new lined jean jacket
and some candy.
PatrioticStabilist

Return to Construction Cornerstone