• Advertisement
Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

National Prepper Symbol?

Got a suggestion, idea? Tell us about it.

National Prepper Symbol?

Postby old_salt » Thu May 17, 2012 9:43 am

On several state forums, AZ, MN, TX, and PA, come to mind, there is/has been discussion regarding adoption of a national logo/sign to identify preppers for either/both before/after a SHTF scenario. The idea behind it is that it give a method for identification of fellow preppers. Some are for it, and some are against it, and some feel the matter has been decided.

I have created this discussion to bring the matter to the attention of the larger prepper community on APN. I would encourage you to read the posts in the above state forums before commenting here. I would like to hear your answers to the following:

1) Is having a logo/sign a good idea? Yes or no. Why? Why not?
2) If a logo/sign is chosen, would you use it? Why? Why not?
3) The logo/sign chosen in the AZ, TX forums is P! Is this a good choice? Why? Why not?
4) If you have alternative suggestions, please post them here.

Use or non-use of any adopted logo/sign is entirely voluntary.

We'll see where this discussion goes over the next week or so, and go from there...
old_salt
Minnesota Preppers Network
Minnesota Preppers Network

Re: National Prepper symbol

Postby p144 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 pm

1) I like the idea as long as it's something like what has been suggested and not too obvious to non-preppers or moochers.
2) Yes, because I personally like the idea of community (no free loaders though...) and think it's good for preppers to possibly see a bumper sticker or something of another prepper and possibly make a connection. Sometimes it's just good to see another like-minded individaul for no other reason but to give you a boost when it seems that everyone else around you thinks you're an "alarmist"....
3) I like the P!, but I haven't read through the other state discussions to see what else was offered. I personally like something that can only be known and not figured out.
p144
South Carolina Preppers Network
South Carolina Preppers Network

Re: National Prepper Logo/Sign?

Postby Eagle12167 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:34 pm

I am still voting for the P!. I am still undecided as to what color to use.
When white man found this land.Indians were running it.
No taxes...No debt,,,Plenty buffalo...Plenty beaver...Women did most the work...Medicine man free...Indian men hunted and fished all the time...

White man dumb enough to think he could improve on a system like that.
Eagle12167

Postby mr bill » Sat May 19, 2012 7:17 pm

old_salt wrote:On several state forums, AZ, MN, TX, and PA, come to mind, there is/has been discussion regarding adoption of a national logo/sign to identify preppers for either/both before/after a SHTF scenario. The idea behind it is that it give a method for identification of fellow preppers. Some are for it, and some are against it, and some feel the matter has been decided.

I have created this discussion to bring the matter to the attention of the larger prepper community on APN. I would encourage you to read the posts in the above state forums before commenting here. I would like to hear your answers to the following:

1) Is having a logo/sign a good idea? Yes or no. Why? Why not?
2) If a logo/sign is chosen, would you use it? Why? Why not?
3) The logo/sign chosen in the AZ, TX forums is P! Is this a good choice? Why? Why not?
4) If you have alternative suggestions, please post them here.

Use or non-use of any adopted logo/sign is entirely voluntary.

We'll see where this discussion goes over the next week or so, and go from there...

1. I think it is a good idea. I'm not too concerned whether anyone else likes or dislikes the idea. If those who want it use it, then it should not effect anyone else that chooses not to use it.
2. Yes. See the answer above.
3. Yes it is (aesthetics not considered, nor should they be) The design does exactly what it was designed to do, and does it well.
4. None needed or required.
Use or non use of any adopted logo/sign is entirely voluntary so if one chooses to use any previously posted logo or sign to designate themselves as a prepper the matter should be considered a personal choice and realistically will have no effect what-so-ever upon those who choose not to use the sign or logo.
Leader zone 5, Clarke County
P!
mr bill

Postby bane5150 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Another thread another yes for P! Its your choice if you want to use a logo or not. simply put its just to ID friendlys and like minded ppl after SHTF. There is talk of a color code as well diff color for diff skill sets.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby mr bill » Tue May 22, 2012 9:52 pm

While I agree the topic should be discussed on the APN as a identifying symbol that may or may not be chosen for use by every prepper out there, I also think that if we begin using it that more than likely a large percentage of people will use it and be glad to have a way of finding other like minded folks both prior to and after the SHTF. Since it is a personal choice whether to use it or not then those who choose not to use it should not be affected one way or another.
P!
mr bill

Postby bane5150 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Just remember there is strength in numbers and you could meet alot of cool ppl that think like you...Society will restart at somepoint and it takes alot of ppl to pull that off...If you get lost and see P! your most likely to get help and medical attention...I dont think I would walk up to a camp where everyone has ar15s and 12 guages and no way to tell if they are nice or not. just my 2 cents.
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby mr bill » Tue May 22, 2012 10:25 pm

You got that right bane. Even with a P! clearly visible it would not be prudent to walk into any armed camp without a thorough recon and an instinctual consensus of all the members of your party. The P! logo will help, but gut feelings will have to go a long way too.
P!
mr bill

Postby bane5150 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Quote from AZ gen Discussion...

ReadyMom wrote:
livelaughnlove1 wrote:Hi ya people! Here goes my 2 cents...I'm in favor of the P!
I personally dont see a need for all the different colors. It's not like I only want to associate with those showing a green or black P! Or dont open the gate for them, we have enough grey P! BUT...if people choose to announce a specialty to other preppers before talking that's their choice. No big deal.
I am hoping someone has some bumper stickers, window decals, hang tags, or something along those lines made so I can buy a few. Duct tape will work id SHTF anytime soon but would prefer to step it up just a little if possible.
OK all done...NEXT!!!

You could also use vinyl stick-on letters put onto duct tape or get an inexpensive magnet or sticker made at your local office supply place. They do all kinds of printing there. -k

My opinion is the only ones that should color code Only if they want to are Medics EMT's and Docs...JUst a simple P+...everyone else just P!...Again only if you want to you do have a choice.

P!
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby ReadyMom » Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 pm

bane5150 wrote:-SNIP-
My opinion is the only ones that should color code Only if they want to are Medics EMT's and Docs...JUst a simple P+...everyone else just P!...Again only if you want to you do have a choice.

THAT is nice and simple. -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Rivmage » Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I agree with Bane5150.
P!
www.scotthomesteader.blogspot.com
Rivmage

Postby mr bill » Fri May 25, 2012 3:39 pm

I agree with bane's idea too. But again, if someone wants to use the color specialties that's okay too. I don't see where it would do any harm to the whole P! concept. We still have the option of just using the P! alone if you choose. The main thing is P!.
P!
mr bill

Postby Eagle12167 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:10 pm

I agree with Bane on the medic symbol also. Cool Idea!!
When white man found this land.Indians were running it.
No taxes...No debt,,,Plenty buffalo...Plenty beaver...Women did most the work...Medicine man free...Indian men hunted and fished all the time...

White man dumb enough to think he could improve on a system like that.
Eagle12167

Postby ReadyMom » Fri May 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Can I take this a step further and suggest P!+ for the medical folks? ANd P! for everyone else. Or is that too much?
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bane5150 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:26 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Can I take this a step further and suggest P!+ for the medical folks? ANd P! for everyone else. Or is that too much?

Doesnt really matter I really dont know what the "!" stands for.

P!
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Next

Return to Suggestions