• Advertisement

Will you have a UTI when SHTF? (I will!)

For all the lady preppers out there

Moderators: mmpaints, medic94

Re: Will you have a UTI when SHTF? (I will!)

Postby Mollypup » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 pm

arkieready wrote:Dd was telling me yesterday how miserable uti's are. She is practicing good hygiene. Antibiotics suck because of the yeast infection that ensues. She takes azo with cranberry. I need to research probiotics. And I will share the alka seltzer idea

Drinking buttermilk while taking the course of antibiotics helps prevent the secondary yeast infection naturally.

My poor mil had issue with yeast no matter what she was taking an antibiotic for.......that is the first "preventative" any doc ever gave her back in the 1930's-40's and it never failed to work. Strength of the antibiotic might make her have to take it a few days longer than the antibiotic though. :)
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Been there, done that on the UTIs. Worse, I'm also prone to kidney infections. (If you thing a UTI is bad, combine those symptoms with feeling like someone has taken a burning hot knife, stabbed you in the kidney with it, and is twisting it around. NOT fun!!

Yes, preventions IS the key, but I have stocked up on something called "D-Mannose" powder (it comes in gelcap form). Once I notice the start of a UTI, I start taking the capsules, and it is knocked out withing a few days, WITHOUT antibiotics.

It's basically the "active ingredient" in cranberries, in super-concentrated form, WITHOUT the sugars/calories. The stuff REALLY works. I had to order it online, because nobody else seems to carry it. A bottle of 120 500mg capsules cost me about $20, but WELL worth it.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RayMac1963 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Gunns wrote:Not a women but I do look out for the wife. I have several of the fish medicines stashed in the fridge. Good post thanks.

Ditto Gunns. My wife also has a "yeast reaction" to some antibiotics. Her doctor always scrips something for simultaneously for it. I picked up the Aquatic version of that too.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 pm

My husband gets them too and he drinks cranberry juice and it clears him right up. We keep AZO also. If I get one pretty much have to get an antibiotic and like others then get the durn yeast infection. It's been quite awhile since I've had one, hope it stays that way.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby tamtbell » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:50 am

sandlapper3 wrote:Fish Flox Forte (Cipro), cleansing area, cranberry pills(not juice,I was told---too much sugar----stay away from drinks that contain more than a few grams--the bacteria feeds on sugar),lots of water (This is such a chore for me!), and AZO .I have read,don't know if it is true,something about vinegar helping to prevent UTI's.
Hate these infections! So hard to clear up and come back so often!!! :cursing: Been battling this for over a year. :cursing: I am allergic to penicillin and sulfa.

Whats the dosage on the fish flox? For an adult female of course.
For the moment we live in a day of peace, but it shall not ever be thus. Great trials lie ahead... and we must prepare ourselves temporally and spiritually.
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 am

Mollypup wrote:
arkieready wrote:Dd was telling me yesterday how miserable uti's are. She is practicing good hygiene. Antibiotics suck because of the yeast infection that ensues. She takes azo with cranberry. I need to research probiotics. And I will share the alka seltzer idea

Drinking buttermilk while taking the course of antibiotics helps prevent the secondary yeast infection naturally.

My poor mil had issue with yeast no matter what she was taking an antibiotic for.......that is the first "preventative" any doc ever gave her back in the 1930's-40's and it never failed to work. Strength of the antibiotic might make her have to take it a few days longer than the antibiotic though. :)

WOW, I gotta tell the Wife that one.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

RayMac1963

Postby tamtbell » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 am

Also something to keep in mind. Normal, traditional store bought yogurt or even Kefir for that matter barely has the minimum amount of good bugs. Best is to have some freeze dried cultures for yogurt or kefir and get good at making yogurt. We make yogurt a lot at home.
For the moment we live in a day of peace, but it shall not ever be thus. Great trials lie ahead... and we must prepare ourselves temporally and spiritually.
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Hornedheart » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Another method have not seen posted isthe use of Real apple cider vinigar. I had a UTI when I was traveling in Austraila, Not being able to afford to go to a dr I took a shot glass of ACV everyday and it cleared rght up. :thumbsup:
Hornedheart

Postby RayMac1963 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Why am I the only man in this thread... :huh:

RayMac1963

Postby tamtbell » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 pm

RayMac1963 wrote:Why am I the only man in this thread... :huh:

Hhhhmmm, don't know Ray. Why are you the only man on this thread in the ladies section??? :blink: LOL :rofl:
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Holy crap? I just hit recent uread post and never looked up? Jeesus Cooties... Now i gotta get shots! :shock:

RayMac1963

Postby tamtbell » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:56 pm

LMAO. :rofl: :rofl:

Too funny.
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby sandlapper3 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Raymac!!!!! You are a hoot!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Tamtbell, The last scrip for Cipro (three weeks ago) was 500 mg twice a day for 10 days. I think it is usually given for maybe 7 days,but I have had such a hard time with this %^*&%$ that I think doc wanted to make sure it would take care of it. Check PDR or nurse"s manual on time frame to be sure.

I have taken Cran-actin with D mannose,cranberry juice,cranberry pills, and also raw vinegar trying to get rid of this mess. It took 10 days of sulfa (which I am now allergic to!) in Dec.to clear(?) it up. Back again in 5 months.#$$%&&%$@#@#$%%^&**((*(*&%^%$. Need I say more!!!!!!

Am currently taking the cran-actin,vinegar,and trying to drink more water. And following cleansing procedures. Dag -nab- it,expletive deleted! Sick and tired ot it!!!!

:cursing: :'( :( :angry:
sandlapper3
South Carolina Preppers Network
South Carolina Preppers Network

Postby tamtbell » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 pm

sandlapper3 wrote:Raymac!!!!! You are a hoot!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Tamtbell, The last scrip for Cipro (three weeks ago) was 500 mg twice a day for 10 days. I think it is usually given for maybe 7 days,but I have had such a hard time with this %^*&%$ that I think doc wanted to make sure it would take care of it. Check PDR or nurse"s manual on time frame to be sure.

I have taken Cran-actin with D mannose,cranberry juice,cranberry pills, and also raw vinegar trying to get rid of this mess. It took 10 days of sulfa (which I am now allergic to!) in Dec.to clear(?) it up. Back again in 5 months.#$$%&&%$@#@#$%%^&**((*(*&%^%$. Need I say more!!!!!!

Am currently taking the cran-actin,vinegar,and trying to drink more water. And following cleansing procedures. Dag -nab- it,expletive deleted! Sick and tired ot it!!!!

:cursing: :'( :( :angry:

Never heard of cran-actin before. What is that!?
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:21 pm

I will share d-mannose & buttermilk/keffir ideas with dd. Bet she won't drink keffir. I love it. Better than buttermilk.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

PreviousNext

Return to Ladies Section