• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Does Anyone Still Sew?

For all the lady preppers out there

Moderators: mmpaints, medic94

Re: Does Anyone Still Sew?

Postby Cin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

A niece has asked for some cloth sanitary pads. Has anyone else made these? I found some wonderful patterns all over the internet, so will be trying a few different sizes for her.

Postby Anna » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 am

I once bought an huge size (I mean very HUGE) double knit dress at a thrift shop. From it I made each of my dd's a pair of slacks and a pair of shorts in girl's sizes 8 and 10. I bought a nightgown in the huge size (probably from the same individual) and make a crib sheet and several bibs.

When my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister she had no money to buy diapers, blankets or anything else. She took a couple flannel sheets and turned them into diapers and then dyed some of the fabric yellow and made receiving blankets. I think I was very lucky to be raised by people who were always thinking outside the box! I've many times been in situations that totally befuddled others where I could see a common sense solution.

Postby arkieready » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 pm

I wish I had more time to sew again. Last time I was in goodwill, I found a 100% silk blouse in a nice neutral gray and an ombré gray to purple skirt, also pure silk with a lining. The blouse fit except the 3/4 sleeves were too snug, the skirt well, just no. But the material was gorgeous. And I couldn't think of a thing to do with it.
Old sweaters can be cut and sewn into use items. Old ratty towels to pot holders, etc.
an ex-bf received a quilt made from his gramma' s old house dresses, just a simple pattern with lots of memories sewn in it.

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Return to Ladies Section