• Advertisement

Housewife syndrome

For all the lady preppers out there

Moderators: mmpaints, medic94

Re: Housewife syndrome

Postby PalmTrees » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Taffy3 said: "I do trust my instincts, but I fear that I will over-react someday to a perceived threat in a way that isn't socially acceptable. I know, I know, better safe than sorry. The contractor that was giving me weird vibes yesterday straightened right up when I had my husband come visit the job site this morning. So, at least I didn't have to deal with any unpleasantness there."

Hmmm, funny thing about the contractor acting right once your husband showed up....Good call on your part. ALWAYS trust your gut. And, don't be afraid of overreacting. Any decent guy will back off and apologize. The ones that don't act insulted. in rare cases, IMO, some are clueless-, but most who take offense are upset that you called them on their questionable behavior.

I grew up in Los Angeles and now live in a much smaller city where most people are friendly. (No, I don't miss the smog & all the people, but did enjoy all the cultural opportunities and different racial & ethnic people, food, & stores). Anyway, A few years ago as I was putting groceries in my car just after dark, a young man came running up to me. I yelled at him to stop right there, which he did. He had a flyer he was handing out and in his excitement didn't realize how women especially don't appreciate being startled, especially in the middle of a semi-dark parking lot. When I explained this all to him, he backed away, looked at me like I was crazy, but he apologized.

So, please continue to trust your instincts and NEVER be intimated into silence or inaction.

On another note---I've always found libraries and bookstores to have some of the best people, too--friendly and nice folks. :)
PalmTrees

Previous

Return to Ladies Section