• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

The GoGirl device

For all the lady preppers out there

Moderators: mmpaints, medic94

The GoGirl device

Postby Cin » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:31 pm

I got a GoGirl device for Christmas! (GUYS, close your eyes and move on, if you're squeamish about girlie things).

With holiday company, I've not had a chance to try it out until now.

You have to put it further back than I anticipated and it needs to be tight against your body. To my everlasting shame, I sprinkled when I tinkled, just a little bit! (And this after yelling all the time at the men in the family to AIM, for goodness sake!)

Review: With practice, this seems easy enough to use.
Cin

Re: The GoGirl device

Postby daaswampman » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Cin wrote:I got a GoGirl device for Christmas! (GUYS, close your eyes and move on, if you're squeamish about girlie things).

With holiday company, I've not had a chance to try it out until now.

You have to put it further back than I anticipated and it needs to be tight against your body. To my everlasting shame, I sprinkled when I tinkled, just a little bit! (And this after yelling all the time at the men in the family to AIM, for goodness sake!)

Review: With practice, this seems easy enough to use.

Good - now you understand! Unless it fills your boot it not really wetting your pants. Swamp
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Jlombardo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Swamp......LOL....that was so wrong!
LOL......
Jlombardo

Postby Blondie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:28 pm

:shock:

Count me out. I need a warm potty seat and a Pottery Barn catalog.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Mollypup » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:02 am

Color me stupid, but I'm not sure why a female would need such an apparatus??

Maybe I learned to squat too young......... LOL I don't see the point. My girls learned to squat young too. If you think a public / camp restroom is bad, try an outhouse where you've no idea what might be lurking in the shadows.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:48 am

Can you write your name in the snow yet?
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:49 am

Molly, it's not about the squatting part. It's about the baring your tushy for all the world to see, or in the cold wind.
I prefer to pee outside than in a nasty restroom, but it don't want to get arrested for "dropping me drawers" in public.
And if you have bad knees......you'd opt not to squat.
I have 2 kinds, a plastic one, washable, reusable. And the fold flat cardboard kind. I keep a couple in my purse, just in case.

Cin, it's fun, isn't it. I laughed out loud when I used it. We've been cheated, a little bit.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby LeeLynn » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:24 am

I had to Google that because I have never heard of one. Fit that thing with a hose you can run out your pant leg and just let it roll!
LeeLynn

Postby Cin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 am

Swamp - LOL!

Oldasrocks - Hmmm...I just might have to try that. One of the brandnames of these things does have a plastic extension. LOL

One of our kids is a world traveler with her job, and was thrilled to know such a thing existed. She wants both, a plastic one and plenty of disposables, she'd never heard of it and proceeded to tell us about her 3rd world experience with squattie-potties, in alarming detail.

I want one because another kid was in the huge Houston evacuation when Hurricane Rita happened. She couldn't get off the road for nearly 8 hours, all the bathrooms along the way had been trashed/plugged up, and there was nowhere to go. She waited until dark and I told her how to use her car to go (Women, open your car door a little, sit on the "running board" and if there isn't one, on the edge of the car's flooring, with the door shielding you, pull your pants down as little as possible, and go - if you angle the car slightly, people behind you can see you, but usually, not what you are doing). If you are wearing a skirt, you can fluff it over you for modesty.

Being on the road and dependent on sometimes nasty bathrooms, this thing is a blessing.
Cin

Postby oldasrocks » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:27 am

It's strange about how timid or embarrassed people in this country are about doing something natural. Several countries we have visited don't have separate restrooms and little or no privacy.

I've also seen a small foldable disposable paper funnel for the ladies. Don't remember where though. All better than carrying a cath.
oldasrocks

Postby Mollypup » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:21 am

Well, hmm. Perhaps I ought to give it a shot. It's not one of those items that are pricey to try. :)

At 50 I have no issue squatting. But I'm not getting any younger. Now that I've given it some thought, I can come up with several situations in which it would come in handy......along with carrying a bottle or zip lock bag.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:41 am

Cin wrote:I got a GoGirl device for Christmas! (GUYS, close your eyes and move on, if you're squeamish about girlie things).

Advice taken :|
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby AuntBee » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:19 pm

oldasrocks wrote:It's strange about how timid or embarrassed people in this country are about doing something natural. Several countries we have visited don't have separate restrooms and little or no privacy.

I've also seen a small foldable disposable paper funnel for the ladies. Don't remember where though. All better than carrying a cath.

Women don't have icky bodily functions, you know. Through the 1950s, ladies didn't sweat, burp, fart, and the only reason to go into the bathroom was to powder your nose. And they definitely weren't the ones snoring! I think that mindset lingers a little bit because our mothers were from that generation. My mother's snoring could have knocked down the Great Wall of China. She denied it til the day she died, blaming it all on dad.

Men, though, aren't shy. If you've ever been stuck in traffic on the George Washington Bridge, you know what I mean.

I have a pack of GoGirls in my glove compartment, and a couple in my pocketbook. I have to agree, if your knees are shot you'd be glad to have an option to hovering.

Next time it snows here, I might try to write my name. No backspace, though. ;)

Aunt Bee
I know you're reading this thread, Ray.
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:08 pm

So Aunt Bee, Invent a car seat with a built in potty. Just drain it under the car. I envision a fold up top like a console backwards. Two inches wide and 4 long that flips up forward. It would give the roadside flowers a nice shot of nitrogen. It's strange the Japanese cars don't already have one built in.
oldasrocks

Postby Cin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Aunt Bee, I know Ray's reading this thread, too. :shock:

As far as traveling, two fo my brothers are truckers. They claim that during some trucker "war" when prices were being undercut by desperate folks trying to make a buck, some guys who team trucked drilled a hole in the bottom of the truck's cab, and would go "in the hole" to avoid any stops at all.

BTW, lived in a couple 3rd world countries and in none of them did women go in public, but boys and men did all the time. So its not just our culture.
Cin

Next

Return to Ladies Section