• Advertisement

Beetle attacks

Gardening tips, questions and information here

Moderator: mmpaints

Beetle attacks

Postby SamSandez » Fri May 19, 2017 1:35 am

How to get rid of beetles that are attacking the plants in my garden???
SamSandez

Re: Beetle attacks

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:10 am

What kind of beetles? You can use Sevin dust or spray. Bonide makes organic sprays that are effective. You must act immediately. Beetles can devastate a garden in a matter of days.
Reb
Welcome to the war on bugs.
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Sat May 20, 2017 3:40 am

What state are you in?

We had millions of beetles last yr that are everything including the leaves off the trees and apples off the tree.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby theoutback » Sun May 21, 2017 4:03 pm

If you are talking Japanese beetles, those pheromone traps work good. Just don't put them close to the plants you are trying to protect. Put them up wind of the plants you want to protect at least 50 yards. If you put them to close to the plants, you will just attract them to your plants.

Sevin (Carbaryl)works real good on them just do not use on pome fruit right at fruit set, they will thin fruit, unless it is your intention. After fruit is over 20 mm it will not thin and can be used with no fruit loss. We use it on bad years for J beetles, but we don't see them here in Vermont for another month.
theoutback

Postby maxwonderdog » Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Post a picture of your beetles? Neem oil sprayed before dusk (don't spray when it is hot) can get rid of aphids and many types of beetles.
maxwonderdog

Postby JayJay » Wed May 24, 2017 5:30 pm

They loved my plum cherry bushes(sand cherry) so much, I just chopped them down -why weed eat around something 4 months of the year that looks like locusts fed on it??

http://sambridge.com/sand-cherry-prunus-cistena/

I don't like spraying at my house..for aphids that are already on my tomato plants, I use dish liquid.
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Return to Gardening