• Advertisement

Anti-Parasitic Remedies

First Aid, Health, & Medicine go here

Moderator: medic72

Re: Anti-Parasitic Remedies

Postby anita » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 pm

If something should happen, one of my concerns is how to deal with the stuff that will thrive--the vermin, bacteria, parasites, viruses, insects, and on and on.

I have stocked up on rat poison and traps, mosquito pucks (which won't last long if you are in a neighborhood with a lot of swimming pools. It won't just be your pool that breeds mosquitos), old herbalist books, knowledge on how to deal naturally with parasites, like what I posted earlier, etc. Ant bait, peppermint oil, fly paper, and so forth.
anita

Postby arkieready » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Panacure, safeguard. Brand names for fenbendazole. There are reports of successful studies on humans. Seems it's safe and effective. I did read one interesting tidbit. I always heard do not give safeguard to cats, it'll kill a cat. Apparently not. We used it on cows, sheep and the dogs.
I couldn't easily find the infection rate for here in the US population for worms, etc. but you gotta know it's not uncommon.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby angie_nrs » Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm

I have also been looking into more natural and/or alternative remedies. There's just so much information out there that it'll take me forever to sort it all out! However, when looking at this thread, I automatically thought of diatomaceous earth. I just got a book that explains all about DE that I am enjoying right now. I also bought some food grade DE. I was surprised that many people take it on a regular basis to flush their body of unwanted parasites/bugs. I originally bought it to get rid of bugs.....but now I'm glad I have it just in case I should ever need it for other things. I will keep my book right next to my DE that I have stored. I can more easily store DE (with unlimited shelf life) than I can store a variety of anti-parasitic meds for myself and my animals and not have to worry about side effects. Plus, it has so many other wonderful uses. I think it is so versatile that it's very much worth having around.
angie_nrs

Previous

Return to First Aid & Medicine