• Advertisement

Wikileaks/CIA

Talk about non-lethal self defense, personal safety, and home security.

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

Re: Wikileaks/CIA

Postby anita » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 pm

IceFire wrote:If I'm on my computer, the "view" from the camera is the top of my head, due to the angle. If I'm NOT on my computer, it is turned OFF, and the lid is SHUT. Even if the computer got turned on, the lid is shut and there'd be NOTHING to see. Besides, due to my job, they already have my picture, fingerprints, and life history.

You have a laptop, I guess. If you have a desktop, that isn't the case.
anita

Postby Stahlrosen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:04 pm

IceFire wrote:
And this comes as a surprise to anyone...WHY exactly? The gov spying on citizens has been going on for decades, and to me, the ONLY surprise is that people are surprised by this! Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree. I can't imagine anyone is surprised by this. People think it was supposed to be stopped years ago?! Really? What rock were they hiding under. This got released into the wild, and is now being exposed to the uninformed masses. So if the CIA knows all the hacking secrets, they know how to prevent the hacking / spying they are doing, but will they? I don't know that this leaves us much more exposed than we were to begin with, it's just that more people know about it.
Stahlrosen

Postby ReadyMom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:25 pm

My new lap top security:
Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 12.32.13 PM.png
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby anita » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Mine have pink stickies too! The only problem is that I was on a meeting call, and everyone's face showed up but mine, which was a pink square. It took me about a minute to realize it was my sticky over the camera. Tough explaining to that group of liberal writers why I had my computer camera covered. :blush:
anita

Postby ReadyMom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:44 pm

anita wrote:Mine have pink stickies too! The only problem is that I was on a meeting call, and everyone's face showed up but mine, which was a pink square. It took me about a minute to realize it was my sticky over the camera. Tough explaining to that group of liberal writers why I had my computer camera covered. :blush:

Well, at least you know it works. I just checked mine and this is what I see for 'facetime' (which we use with our son all the time ... I'll have to remember to take off the stickie!):
Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 1.46.28 PM.png
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ItchyDog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Unfortunately, I just take this stuff in-stride now.

In another 10 or 15 years we'll be in line to have the rfid chip put in. They'll have to wheel me into the line as I'll probably be in a wheelchair and wearing diapers by then, and won't care.
ItchyDog

Previous

Return to Personal Safety and Home Security