• Advertisement

mushrooms ...

Food Discussions. Storage, Recipes and More (Sub Forums are Unlocked)

Re: mushrooms ...

Postby Inmar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:54 am

angie_nrs wrote:I can tell just by that picture that it is a real morel. The fake ones where I live have a top on them that look like they float on top of the stem like an umbrella. Also we cut them in half and make sure there are no slugs residing in the inside before soaking them in salt water. When you check them for slugs you also check the inside to make sure there is no white webbing in the center, which is also an indication of a fake morel. Some people up our way eat those.....I don't think it's worth the risk. I can find enough regular morels to feast on and I LOVE going out to find them in the spring. The morel season is only about 3 weeks or so depending on the weather, so I get out in the woods as often as possible during that time and try to avoid the deer ticks.

I suggest you do the following:

I know that Americans like these mushrooms ...
Go to the American mushroom forum ...
This forum was created by a person who has the Education of America - mycologist ..
https://wildmushroomhunting.org/index.php

Russians never eat thees mushrooms ...
Russians believe that this is rubbish collected early in the spring for feeding pigs ..
Excuse me...
:D :D :D
Sorri, please write simple words without the "slang" ..
i am using google translator...
Inmar

Postby Inmar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 am

Here is another mushroom that Americans love
(Lycoperdon perlatum)
Russians never collect it.
It is very much in the forests of Russia ...
Russians kick them with their feet so they do not interfere in the forest
:)
---------------------------------------
When this mushroom is young, it can be eaten ...
When this mushroom is old, it becomes brown and "explodes", scattering spores around itself ...
:evil:
Attachments
Dogdevik.JPG
Inmar

Postby angie_nrs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 am

Inmar wrote:
angie_nrs wrote:I can tell just by that picture that it is a real morel. The fake ones where I live have a top on them that look like they float on top of the stem like an umbrella. Also we cut them in half and make sure there are no slugs residing in the inside before soaking them in salt water. When you check them for slugs you also check the inside to make sure there is no white webbing in the center, which is also an indication of a fake morel. Some people up our way eat those.....I don't think it's worth the risk. I can find enough regular morels to feast on and I LOVE going out to find them in the spring. The morel season is only about 3 weeks or so depending on the weather, so I get out in the woods as often as possible during that time and try to avoid the deer ticks.

I suggest you do the following:

I know that Americans like these mushrooms ...
Go to the American mushroom forum ...
This forum was created by a person who has the Education of America - mycologist ..
https://wildmushroomhunting.org/index.php

Russians never eat thees mushrooms ...
Russians believe that this is rubbish collected early in the spring for feeding pigs ..
Excuse me...

#1 - I have no interest in going on a mushroom forum, so that link does nothing for me.
#2 - I have been eating morels all my life....considered a delicacy where I live. I'm sure there are many things that Russians eat that I would consider rubbish that is not suitable for feeding pigs. To each his own.
#3 - I could give two craps what Russians think of morels.....if they don't like em' then they don't have to eat em'. Makes no difference to me.

I really don't care who (if anyone, no matter what their education is) says morels aren't fit to eat. I have been eating them all my life (with pleasure) and I'm still alive and kicking. I can't wait to "poison" myself again this spring!! :floppytongue:
angie_nrs

Postby Inmar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:39 am

Do not be offended ...
It's just Russian humor ...
-----------------
Put your pictures where the morels
Inmar

Previous

Return to Food & Water