• Advertisement

Hand Pump Vacuum Sealer

Vacuum Sealer discussions

Hand Pump Vacuum Sealer

Postby LetsPrep11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Been looking for a manual vacuum sealer and came across this product. The battery operated vacuum I have just fits over the Mason jar attachment to suck out the air so I wondered if this product would do the same. Has anyone tries this?

https://www.amazon.com/Forsous-Cooker-Vacuum-Container-Reusable/dp/B01N5P5IZL/ref=pd_sbs_79_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q9ZYR9K1QS2XXSK8R8FS
LetsPrep11

Re: Hand Pump Vacuum Sealer

Postby SSPrep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:23 pm

I didn't look at the price, but a $20 brake bleeder works fine.
SSPrep

Postby NJMike » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:59 pm

SSPrep wrote:I didn't look at the price, but a $20 brake bleeder works fine.

Yes. And they often have a gauge too.

Another option are manual pumps used for Chinese cupping sets, but I think the brake bleeders would be better.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby JayJay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:05 pm

I love my brake bleeder. On sale @ Harbor Freight.

When my vacuum sealer won't seal, that brake bleeder will!!! If you have a jar that shows resistance using the brake bleeder, just use two lids, one on top of the other faced up, and it seals well.
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Postby rickdun » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Break bleeder from harbor freight with gauge, been using it for years and still working.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:34 am

I love APN.....

you guys are always teaching me new stuff.....I had no idea about the brake bleeder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGfUwEf810g

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby JayJay » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 am

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:I love APN.....

you guys are always teaching me new stuff.....I had no idea about the brake bleeder.

I have a 'pissy' neighbor that played the prepper game till she said her floors couldn't take any more weight of canned goods..but instead of correcting that, she buys a Chrylser 300.
Hell, I could build a room onto my house for the price of that car, starting at $32,000.
So, when she found out about my brake bleeder as an alternative to being without electricity and sealing those dried vegetables in the sun?? She said, ewwwww..if that isn't stainless steel I'm not using that.

THIS is why I just stay to myself in this neighborhood and regret EVER sharing with these idiots.
I will be killed for what I have stored--but, the last days of my and my husband's survival will not be going hungry!!! :p :rofl: :p :rofl: :p :rofl: :D :D :D
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 am

:(
JayJay wrote:
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:I love APN.....

I have a 'pissy' neighbor that played the prepper game till she said her floors couldn't take any more weight of canned goods..but instead of correcting that, she buys a Chrylser 300.
Hell, I could build a room onto my house for the price of that car, starting at $32,000.
So, when she found out about my brake bleeder as an alternative to being without electricity and sealing those dried vegetables in the sun?? She said, ewwwww..if that isn't stainless steel I'm not using that.

THIS is why I just stay to myself in this neighborhood and regret EVER sharing with these idiots.
I will be killed for what I have stored--but, the last days of my and my husband's survival will not be going hungry!!! :p :rofl: :p :rofl: :p :rofl: :D :D :D

HEY!!!.....lol.... I LOVED my Chrysler 300 HEMI V8...bought it used as an "05"...Had it for 7 years...barely got 5K on the trade in at 110K miles. :rofl: ....Most amazing car I've ever owned(sniff. sniff :( )....I miss that comfort/performance.

I redeemed myself with a 4X4 BOV though I paid cash for ...Damn transmission just went out. 3K replacement.....time to sell. lol...
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Return to Vacuum Sealing