• Advertisement

Gun sales depending on the presidency

Topics about guns

Gun sales depending on the presidency

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:18 am

Its been said that gun sales tend to increase during the administration of a democratic president and decrease during the administration of a republican president. The reason for this is because democratic presidents who tend to be anti gun will try to place more restrictions on guns while they're in office and this results in people rushing to buy guns while they still can, before the restrictions come into place which will make guns much harder to get if not virtually impossible. We saw this during the Obama administration when gun sales went sky high. Republican presidents who tend to be much more gun friendly will seek to remove gun restrictions, making them easier to get. Thus you don't have that rush, that massive demand for guns that you get during a democratic administration when gun rights are threatened. We see this with the Trump administration. Since Trump has taken office gun sales have dipped from the sky high level they were at during the Obama administration. The way I see it, though, this isn't always the case. True gun sales were much higher during the Obama administration than they were during the George W Bush administration but during the Clinton administration they were quite low, lower than during the George W Bush administration and lower than during the George H Bush administration which preceded Clinton. By the logic of gun sales rising during the gun phobic democratic administrations than gun sales should've been sky high during the Clinton administration, higher than they were even during the Obama administration since Bill was perhaps even more anti gun than Barack Obama. So I wonder why gun sales weren't that high during the Clinton administration. Interestingly enough I bought my first gun during the Clinton administration.

Aside from that I also heard that most of the people who bought guns during the Obama administration were not first time gun buyers but rather people who already had guns and who wanted to increase their collection prior to more restrictions coming into place. Im wondering how much of that is true. Supposedly there were, particularly among women, lots of first time gun buyers during the Obama administration.
Photon Guy

Re: Gun sales depending on the presidency

Postby anita » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 am

I'd read that background checks were tenth highest in March of this year.
https://www.benzinga.com/news/17/04/925 ... ck-figures

Also, I was a first-time buyer during obama's presidency. I was also a repeat gun buyer. (You can only be a first-time buyer once, so it makes sense that most gun purchasers are repeat purchasers.)

I'm sure there are a whole lot of factors going into this. As hillary said, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
anita

Postby rebnavy1862 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:44 am

Although I have aiways owned guns, my wife did not. During the Obama regime, my wife bought a pistol and a shotgun that were hers alone.
She even got her concealed carry and became proficient. This was entirely her own effort, but I did encourage her. I am quite proud of her to see the need and do something about it.
I added a number of guns to my collection during the "Obama Years". It feels good to refer to him in the past tense. Visually, he has disappeared. However, I am certain he is still quite busy with his agenda of destroying a constitutional America.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 am

yes - an azzhole like Obammy and Hellery draw more gun buys - dictators that threaten liberty and freedom always will ....

I think if you check stats - you'll find record numbers of first time gun buyers among the 12-14 months of record gun buying ...and liberals started buying guns before the BS reports that they bought because of Prez Trump - they bought because of Obammy's "room to express themselves" Ferguson & Baltimore Riots - also because of the escalating crime from the whole leftist crime leniency and pizz poor economy ...

not even taking international developments into consideration .... if the warmer weather riot prediction is correct - gun buying will soon be jumping 4 fold - ammo sales also ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Cast Iron » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:10 am

Post election euphoria?

Sales and prices have come down. I see this as a buying opportunity.

I do not know of anyone who was a first time buyer during the previous admin. More repeat buyers.

I think we will see another rise in sales as 2020 comes closer. Especially who appears to be the front runner for the Dem ticket.
Read an article of Cumo was a possible 2020 contender. He is very shady and very anti-2A.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:27 am

anita wrote:Also, I was a first-time buyer during obama's presidency. I was also a repeat gun buyer. (You can only be a first-time buyer once, so it makes sense that most gun purchasers are repeat purchasers.)

Well its always good for there to be new gun owners provided they're responsible and they use it properly. So its good for there to be first time buyers.
Photon Guy

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:41 am

ALL sales, everything, comes down to a single psychology.... FEAR of a LOSS, and a DESIRE for a GAIN.

You can break this down into the tiniest of elements but at the root motivation, this is what drives the actual action.

A car purchase....you can argue need, but at the root you will always find these two reasons...Like "I need one for work" with the FEAR being if I'm late I might get fired resulting in a LOSS or the DESIRE being I don't want to ride the bus GAINING convenience.(actual personal reasons differ and you can fill in the blanks above with you own reasons to illustrate this)
same thing in the teenagers mind...FEAR being "All my friends have one why do I have to be different with the LOSS of not perceived as cool...Or the DESIRE to GAIN popularity being perceived cooler than the kid without one.

There are many, many reasons but it will always come down to those two...If you dig deep enough, you will find it.

Salesmen are trained in this and it is their job to find those personal reasons for you and them present them resulting in a sale...If done correctly your odds of leaving without a purchase are small.(That just comes down to self discipline and being aware of this)

Some people think this trickery, but its not....The reason exist or you wouldn't be there in the first place.... The salesperson has a job to do. Ethics are involved in having this knowledge and not using it to hurt someone...The slimy sales guys lie and use this knowledge manipulating someone into something they don't truly need....Those guys disgust me......Bad companies are run by or owned by people with the same ethics fostering the dishonest mentality.

Gun sales are no different.....Whenever the fear is stoked sales surge with the GAIN being I have one now(Whew..I can relax/It might also go up in value!) vs the FEAR of not being able to get one later....Even if its true, that's the action resulting in the sale.

My personal gun purchases surged during Obamy years even though I've been trained in this for years...The fear was real especially here in CA.

The gun manufactures are well aware of this and have a significant role in stoking the fear.....Commerce will continue. The FEAR is switching to the left currently....Many first time owners are now buying under Trump.

I know, this is just the start....A new FEAR of a LOSS, and a new DESIRE for a GAIN will be presented over and over in the cycle of purchases....In guns, as in all things it will just be a decision of which side to target at the time of the add being released.....

(Side note.... You can see this clearly illustrated here in this sales training blog.....lol....The author even does an excellent job in creating this in the reader as they think they are getting a free article in the bottom of this blog...Its really just an add(Referred to as a "Silent seller").....The desire that brought the reader there in the first place is to train better for their personal sales(GAIN/knowledge.....FEAR/a missed sale)...Then at the bottom the author goes into "I'm writing this from a beach somewhere with half my day left to myself blah, blah, blah..."........The reader says to themselves "I want to be on a beach relaxing...This guy is doing it...How do I get there?(Desire for a gain).....Hmmm...I better buy his book he writes or I might not ever get there!(Fear of a loss)...He expertly presents the desire for the gain first not even mentioning the fear to let the reader fill in their own knowing it already exist in all salesmen/saleswomen. They will buy without him even asking for the sale!....That's expert sales...lol...it's everywhere. ;) )

http://www.petegodfrey.com/marketing/fear-loss-powerful-hope-gain/

~D

Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Gunns » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Yep I like'm.
Attachments
2017-04-11 12_54_12-simpsons meme i like guns - Google Search.png
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Return to Guns