• Advertisement

Transitioning From Rifle To Handgun

Topics about guns

Transitioning From Rifle To Handgun

Postby Photon Guy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 pm

A video on transitioning from rifle to handgun. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzycJ3ySy_Q
Photon Guy

Re: Transitioning From Rifle To Handgun

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Pretty accurate if rifle isn't already slung...

I'd dump it...

Problem there is if it is loaded and just couldn't be utilized, if you have to retreat you'd leave another weapon for them to turn upon you.....As you grab the weapon to begin with it should have been slung.

Lets face it...Assuming you already had a pistol holstered, if you were grabbing a rifle or gauge you'd have had the 2 seconds needed to sling it or you wouldn't have been going to retrieve it in the first place.

As far as pistol presentation its solid...I train variances of support hand differences between step 3-4 but other than that....(I'll kant at clearance for immediate ability to fire if not enough time for support hand)
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 pm

I wear a shoulder holster and can shoot proficiently with either or both hands.

I do have one good story. We were hunting ducks along the Platte River. A jack rabbit popped up and I almost shot him with the 10 gauge but held the shotgun with my left hand and drew my .22 Hi Standard out of a fast draw holster and tossed a shot at him from the hip. He was about 40 yards out in a short cut alfalfa field. The bullet caught him right between the ears. My buddies quit calling me Annie Oakley. 100% luck that I hit him.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby apache235 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 am

Not sure why they are talking about a revolver, but whatever. I guess my feelings are, if you need the accuracy, dump it and use two hands, if you need to move, duck and grab rifle then git. If things are really close and you need to move, hold on to the rifle and use one hand on the pistol and move. Leaving your primary weapon (unless totally broken) doesn't make much sense to me.
apache235

Return to Guns