• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Update BNC Kit

Post general Tennessee Topics here

Moderator: Onegreenguy

Update BNC Kit

Postby Cumberland » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Has anyone updated their BNC kit lately? Could be a good time to do it. The U.S. will probably absorb the first strike to get rid of some of us. :cursing:
Attachments
BNC - Copy.JPG
Cumberland
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Re: Update BNC Kit

Postby Defcon09 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Cumberland wrote:Has anyone updated their BNC kit lately? Could be a good time to do it. The U.S. will probably absorb the first strike to get rid of some of us. :cursing:

Probably a good time to update. I purchased 3 new filters in 2000 and the date expired 2010. They have been sealed in a nitrogen fill metalized pouch. Probably okay except for bio hazard.
Defcon09

Postby NJMike » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 am

If it's an all out nuclear conflict, I'm as good as ash. If it's a single warhead attack, and they aim for but miss NYC then I'm toast too. And if NK hits a West Coast city, I will have enough warning to take reasonable precautions with what I already own. So while I do have some preps in this area, it's one that I really have been incremental on, and instead spending more time on other areas. So no, I haven't updated lately given the recent ratcheting of world tensions.

That said, my Potassium Iodide will be replaced soon, and I could stand to get new mask/filters. I have only a half face mask with chemical/organic vapor cartridges and really do want a full face mil spec mask and hood(s). In the detection department, I've got a CD V-717 that should be sent out for calibration, and I could use more radiation detection stickers. There are 3 pump sprayers to pull out from my old property and see which ones are still working well to use for decontamination. They are cheap enough that I could just replace them. And one can never have enough plastic sheeting, gloves, disposable clothes, etc.

These are mainly things I'll be more active on once I've moved off the likely X that I find myself at. :nuke:

The good news is I'm no longer living a block away from an often used railroad freight line, so the possibilities of chemical exposure from a derailment/industrial accident have dropped significantly.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby 3ADScout » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Add additional NBC filters to the cache. Haven't added anything else since I was pretty set with suits, boots and gloves. What I wave been doing is moving more equipment and supplies out to the BOL. Ammo and Food- bulky things. I think I will be taking all but 2 dosimeters (1 R and 1 m/R) to BOL.
3ADScout

Return to Tennessee Discussion, News and Weather