• Advertisement

What should people do under Martial Law?

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

What should people do under Martial Law?

Postby The Burlap Monster » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Okay so I have been looking around online and even read parts of the constitution that involve this "Martial Law" and basically from what I see is that the constitution doesn't talk about Martial Law but only the suspension of Habeas corpus. Also that only congress can enact "Martial Law" or the states themselves can. I guess there is a Debate that the POTUS can declare it as well?

Anyhow none of that is the point, my question is what legal bounds under the US constitution do the people have a right to defend themselves?

Sure everyone has the right to defend themselves from anyone and anything no matter what as a human, but what rights do people have that won't make it so they have to live in a cave hiding from the government the rest of their lives?

From what I see there is two ways of thought that I have seen with people who talk about this. First there is people who would say Martial Law is Legal under that part of the constitution that allows the suspension of Habeas corpus, which it seems like a real reason and if it's in the constitution that the founders made then it has to be followed right? I mean I would say yes since changing or not following one part of the constitution can lead to none of it being followed.

But then there is the other side that says Martial Law is illegal all together, like the Oathkeepers for example...

OATH KEEPERS:
ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10. We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

A lot of these things happen under Martial law not to mention #4 says they will not impose Martial Law, so I'm like 99% sure they view it as illegal and I also feel the same. The only issue I have is that is it actually Legal or not, what side is correct? :?

This is all very important when it comes down to what rights under the Constitution do people have to defend themselves and their rights.

I didn't expect this post to be this long but I wanted to make what I have seen and what I understand to this point clear so there isn't any misunderstandings in the comments section. :)

There is a second part to this as well if Martial Law is illegal, what is the plan? Because even a group of 20 guys (Which to me is about as big as it can get realistically for a regular person to get together) is not going to be able to do anything really against 2,000+ cops, National guard and the tons of other people who would show up in that kinda situation to stop legal protests, arrest people without a reason (Like preppers, Gun owners, etc), search peoples homes without a warrant and keep people off the streets at night.

I also wanna point out a harsh fact here, until small groups like that actually started fighting with guns and showed some sort of push back Militias and bigger groups that are formed to defend peoples rights everyone would be on their own and they won't come to help. That's just a fact because if it wasn't we would have already had fights and also something would have happened during Katrina when they started taking peoples guns and invading their homes to do so.

At the Bundy ranch as well, people only showed up because there was a small number of people who stood up to the BLM, thankfully Militia members from Oathkeepers, youtubers like james yeager, TheHossUSMC and tons of other people showed up in time before anything happened. But that was a drawn out issue where there was days to get word out and all of that, under Martial Law it would happen very fast, for whatever reason, there wouldn't be as much time. So what are people supposed to do before they can get help if it ever comes?

I know I basically asked the same question a few times but you get the point, also people really shouldn't be afraid to talk about this stuff because everyone on this website, everyone who talks about prepping or anything like this anywhere is already on a "List". Sure you might not be on the publicly known Terrorist watch list, but yes you're on a list of some sort.
"When you need help that second the police are only minutes away"
The Burlap Monster

Location: In the bush that seems to hard for a normal person to reach.

Re: What should people do under Martial Law?

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:36 pm

soooooooooooooo - there's a HUGE hole in the membership rolls around the Boston area and few other areas of the country where the LEOs obeyed orders and kept their jobs, pay cheks, pension and other benies - but conveniently forgot the standing rules of the Secret Brotherhood ....

sorry - but preppers aren't the gullible naive sheeple fodder that openly believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and your Brotherhood ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby The Burlap Monster » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:soooooooooooooo - there's a HUGE hole in the membership rolls around the Boston area and few other areas of the country where the LEOs obeyed orders and kept their jobs, pay cheks, pension and other benies - but conveniently forgot the standing rules of the Secret Brotherhood ....

sorry - but preppers aren't the gullible naive sheeple fodder that openly believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and your Brotherhood ....

I'm confused about what you're talking about since it's said in a weird way, but if you're saying that Militias, preppers, etc haven't come to help people in just a few areas I would say your wrong. Sure I used Katrina as an example, but what about NY and the S.A.F.E act? What about chicago and their gun laws? What about CA and their gun laws? What about the fact that in some places in CA you need $1,000,000 to hold a protest? What about the tons of other places that enforce illegal gun laws all around the nation? What about all the places the BLM has their fingers in? What about the Government owning way much more land then what they are allowed? What about all of the unconstitutional things that happen on the small scale around the nation everyday?

I don't even need to be correct about half of the things I listed there to prove my point not to mention there is more than what I even said. But no the NSA isn't watching you through your webcam and listening to you through the microphone port ether, the people, preppers and Militias got it all under control. :unsure:
"When you need help that second the police are only minutes away"
The Burlap Monster

Location: In the bush that seems to hard for a normal person to reach.

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:37 am

The Burlap Monster wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:soooooooooooooo - there's a HUGE hole in the membership rolls around the Boston area and few other areas of the country where the LEOs obeyed orders and kept their jobs, pay cheks, pension and other benies - but conveniently forgot the standing rules of the Secret Brotherhood ....

I'm confused about what you're talking about since it's said in a weird way, but if you're saying that Militias, preppers, etc haven't come to help people in just a few areas I would say your wrong. Sure I used Katrina as an example, but what about NY and the S.A.F.E act? What about chicago and their gun laws? What about CA and their gun laws? What about the fact that in some places in CA you need $1,000,000 to hold a protest? What about the tons of other places that enforce illegal gun laws all around the nation? What about all the places the BLM has their fingers in? What about the Government owning way much more land then what they are allowed? What about all of the unconstitutional things that happen on the small scale around the nation everyday?

I don't even need to be correct about half of the things I listed there to prove my point not to mention there is more than what I even said. But no the NSA isn't watching you through your webcam and listening to you through the microphone port ether, the people, preppers and Militias got it all under control. :unsure:

what's to be confused about - Oathkeepers are a nationwide organization - all for one and one for all - they are all dipped in the same poo poo due to the constitutional violations committed by members ....

you can excuse the Oathkeepers that dragged out law abiding Boston area residents from their homes under gunpoint - you can excuse the Oathkeepers that trotted out with their SWAT team members at the Bundy Ranch and zeroed in on innocent unarmed US flag waving citizens ... I DON'T HAVE TO - if they can conveniently toss aside their solemn ''oath'' and excuse their conduct by using the tried and true Nuremberg Trial excuse - ''I was only following orders'' - then any and all can do it anytime their oath gets too heavy to carry ...

and just like you are only mentioning two incidents - everyday across the country 1,000s of Oathkeepers are obediently following sanctuary orders to hamper & resist ICE and Border Patrol efforts - efforts that are directly tied to the safety and protection of innocent US CITIZENS ...

you have to be the biggest idiot in the world to turn your back on pathetic hypocrites like that ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Blondie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Where you gonna get 2,000 LEO's to show up for 20 ppl? LEO staffing is usually 1 officer for 1,000 population. Hard core riot gear is reserved for response teams. Not every officer is equipped. Only a fool would show up with no equipment.

I was a responder to Katrina. Went down with some fellow LEO's back then. We went to rebuild, get some folk back in safe, suitable housing. Nobody arrested anybody. In fact, what was left of NOPD and other cities were lenient. Mostly because they were wore out.

Setting a curfew from dawn to dusk, like STL or Baltimore is not martial law.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby danthman114 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 am

martial law varies. some years back, quartzite az declared martial law. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that its going to turn into military in the streets taking everything you have... not going to happen. what happened with katrina caused the federal gov to make new laws not allowing that to happen again...
danthman114

Postby rickdun » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am

"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters