• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Weather stations

Any homesteading topics not specific to the other categories go here

Moderator: mmpaints

Weather stations

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:16 pm

Anyone have one?

Looking at one LIKE this: https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-02027A1- ... er+station
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Re: Weather stations

Postby Stahlrosen » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:32 am

We have an AcuRite 010101. It is an older black and white model, but still works fine. I like it. I does pretty much everything pertaining to atmospherics, and certainly everything we need it to do. We have had it about 3 or 4 years and it has been reliable.
Stahlrosen

Postby Cast Iron » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:41 am

Stahlrosen wrote:We have an AcuRite 010101. It is an older black and white model, but still works fine. I like it. I does pretty much everything pertaining to atmospherics, and certainly everything we need it to do. We have had it about 3 or 4 years and it has been reliable.

Thank you.

Looking for a solar powered/batter back up one.

If SHTF, no more Weather Channel, I think one of these personal weather stations will be very valuable.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:06 am

We have a Davis Weather Vue station, its pretty nice. Has a battery backup system.
Outside is solar powered.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby AnneJ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 am

We too have a solar powered system, since 2 years and it still works good and gives precise results of weather forecast.
AnneJ

Postby danthman114 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am

i have a kestrel 4000. its only a handheld but works well.
danthman114

Postby arkieready » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:36 am

I had a weather station. The indoor unit and outdoor unit were placed about 50 feet apart. The indoor info quit working within 2 years and I couldn't set the time ever. The outdoor part was decent until the humidity part quit a year later. the temp was pretty accurate but the anometer wasn't free spinning enough to show true wind speed. The weather vane worked.
After 5 years or so it was defunct. It quit reporting to inside unit or that unit quit receiving. And the outdoor plastic parts disintegrated from the sun, becoming so fragile they crumbled.
This was an accurite from lowes on clearance for $35. It was ok for the money.

I'd like to have a metal anometer and wind vane and a bulb thermometer. I can just look at my hair to tell humidity. Curly and wild, dry.......kinky and frizzy, humid.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Return to General Homesteading Topics