• Advertisement

This web site needs a book on how to use it.

Got a suggestion, idea? Tell us about it.

Re: This web site needs a book on how to use it.

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:Most of the posts here are years old. Many members (old) no longer come here. The people who control this site have not taken to heart the suggestions and feedback from members. I have a number of issues with this site. Design and ease of use is very lacking. I agree with Bugout. This site is not user friendly and convenient and very confusing. Needs revised, but the people who control it have knon that for at least the 4-6 years at least. Is it automated??? I really dislike commercials and advertising. Especially when it is showed down my throat or forced on me. All forms of media are guilty on that accusation. Lots of B.S. in advertising too, like lies, schemes, gimmics, half truths, distortions, exagerations, deceit, bait and switch, But waits, (Butt Weight is more like it) :-)! Just too much Dishonesty and Greed.......Period. Some people will say ANYTHING if you pay them enough. Reminds me of Prostitution, and soul selling. I will continue my search for a better site or venue.

Wrong.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:Most of the posts here are years old. Many members (old) no longer come here. The people who control this site have not taken to heart the suggestions and feedback from members. I have a number of issues with this site. Design and ease of use is very lacking. I agree with Bugout. This site is not user friendly and convenient and very confusing. Needs revised, but the people who control it have knon that for at least the 4-6 years at least. Is it automated??? I really dislike commercials and advertising. Especially when it is showed down my throat or forced on me. All forms of media are guilty on that accusation. Lots of B.S. in advertising too, like lies, schemes, gimmics, half truths, distortions, exagerations, deceit, bait and switch, But waits, (Butt Weight is more like it) :-)! Just too much Dishonesty and Greed.......Period. Some people will say ANYTHING if you pay them enough. Reminds me of Prostitution, and soul selling. I will continue my search for a better site or venue.

I have been to many sites over the years and this is the best that allows direct user input. I don't care for much advertising either, but somebody has to pay the bills! APN is as close to a Free Ride as your ever going to find. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Ditto. You can either watch regular TV and put up with the commercials or you can pay for cable. I can't stand commercial tv. The ads on this site are no bother at all. The owner is doing the Prepper community a great service.
I hope that he is making money for his time and effort.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby Lynda1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:46 am

All the sub-forums are easily identified. This site is no more difficult to navigate than any other site. Just because the posts are old doesn't mean they're no longer applicable.
Lynda1

Postby leangenes » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:23 am

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:This site is not user friendly and convenient and very confusing.

:rofl: :rofl:
Life is a struggle, then you die. If something is too hard for you, you can just give up and die, or you can put on your big boy britches and learn how to do it.

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:I really dislike commercials and advertising. Especially when it is showed down my throat or forced on me. All forms of media are guilty on that accusation.

:eek: WOW! Maybe once you have your big boy panties on, you should do something about that person who is forcing you to consume so much media. The last person that tried to force something down my throat really regrets it, and will never try that again.

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:Lots of B.S. in advertising too, like lies, schemes, gimmics, half truths, distortions, exagerations, deceit, bait and switch, But waits, (Butt Weight is more like it) :-)! Just too much Dishonesty and Greed.......Period. Some people will say ANYTHING if you pay them enough.

Well, the phrase caveat emptor, which basically means buyer beware, has been around for at least 2000 years. 'A fool and his money are soon parted', is another saying that has been around for a long time, waaaaaay before Al Gore invented the interwebs. Maybe the problem with advertising is just something that adults learn to deal with, without having to whine about it all of the time. :whistling:

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:I will continue my search for a better site or venue.

Okey Dokey. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. :wave:
I don't know what you do in New York, but around here we don't give a man a funeral unless we're pretty sure he needs one.---Fred Ziffel

Eat a live frog first thing in the morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.-– Mark Twain
leangenes

Postby rickdun » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:21 am

"DITTO", what leangenes said.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Hiker72 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:19 pm

That little "view new posts" or "view unread posts" don't work for you? Seems to show me all sorts of new posts every time I come here. I'd maybe suggest a course at your local adult education center on web surfing. But you did happen to find a two year old thread and bring it back to the top for no reason other than to complain. I'm also kinda curious if you know that there have been "known problems" for the last 4-6 years here you suddenly decided to join on 02/16/16 a website you had apparently long ago you decided you didn't like?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Anonymous

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure. - General Colin L. Powell
Hiker72
Ohio State Moderator
Ohio State Moderator

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Well, I must say that I was somewhat confused on this site at first and for the most part it is a better than average design and layout. Some things are or seem to be permanently locked. But a little refinement of the site and on page shortcuts, lists and how to dos would help. It does have a suggestions for improvement section or topic. But I have been on here almost a month and still am searching through it and studying and learning it but I still have more to learn about efficient and effective use of it. I try to study it a little each day and continue to explore it. However, it has a hierarchy and many controls and rules and as far as I can tell the reasons are good basically except for a few. I think Gold Membership has to do to some degree with a member's access level. For $60.00? a year 100% membership. I am beginning to figure some of it out and it has gotten a little easier for me and I am learning to navigate the site. It just takes time and patience and a little effort and a strong desire. Things could be added to help newcomers learn how to use it a little quicker and a FAQ section, some explanations, a few more boxes and buttons to click on for easier quicker navigation, and a few more lists of things. All in all it is a decent site when I compare it to the bad ones on the web that I have been to. Some of this site's design and functionality are for security purposes. And now I know and understand why. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". This site has been around for 15 years or so as far as I can figure..maybe even longer but I'm sure that it was improved, evolved and modified over that time span with a few things in a few areas of the site. The main thing I am wondering is why so many of the latest posts are several years old and there don't seem to be very many of the total members using it or contributing to it with posts, blogs open and unlocked forums and sub forums, using the chat box. Some times it feels like I.m in a ghost town. Not much person to person communication between members in most areas. But PMs are private. Maybe that is what many are doing. Haven't figured that out yet but I will study it until I know all that I can about it and everything I can use that I'm not locked out of. I'm not just here for my own benefit, but to try to help others as well. :-)
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby alex_mercer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 am

I'm new here and I'm confused because there's a LOT going around on this site. ;)

I really don't know where to start.
Regards,
Alex
alex_mercer

Previous

Return to Suggestions