• Advertisement

Connecticut Camping weekend workshop

Post meetups and events for Connecticut here.

Moderator: cityhomesteader

Connecticut Camping weekend workshop

Postby cityhomesteader » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to stick a Stake in this.. Let's talk about having a Camping weekend bring family and get together over a nice Chef cooked meal or two prepared by On The wild side Chef Tobias.. We will feature foraged foods along with Bring a Bib boneless ribs, and BBQ Brisket my Treat.. If your are interested I can find out the cost of the camp sites per night from my Friend Chris at Nickerson's family Campground.. http://www.nickersonpark.com/
We are going to have some Classes wildcrafting and foraging classes for free and if you have a talent let me know and we can set up a class time for you too.. It would be great to get this show on the road and a great time to get to know one another.. There is river to swim in and Tube down, Hot showers, a great rec room, fishing, hiking, and nightly camp fires..Bring a chair and if you play a guitar bring that along too..
We are going to try for a Friday - Sunday time frame.. Hoping for June.. Let me know in advance so I can call Chris and see if we can get the BIG Area with the Pavillion and fire pit!!
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator

Re: Connecticut Camping weekend workshop

Postby cityhomesteader » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Hey all you CT and MA and NY folks.. I just Got a Note from my Buddy Chris at Nickersons Park Family Camp ground.
Good to hear from you.

Yes we have tent sites we also have a group area with a pavilion.

Stop by when you get a chance and we will get you whatever you need

Chris
- Show quoted text -

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cityhomesteader
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
cityhomesteader

Postby cityhomesteader » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:29 pm

I have extended the hand of fellowship to MA and NY forums it would be great to meet everyone from up around this end of the Country!!
Cityhomesteader
cityhomesteader

Postby TheLight » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Hey folks,
I'm game to attend for sure. I'm an experienced wilderness camper who's had certifications in wilderness first aid, cpr, aed, etc. I could do a session along those lines, though no cert would be issued. I'm also an amateur radio operator and could bring my rig up with (probably do that anyway, actually). I'm not so great at campfire cooking, but I'd be happy to whip up some of my famous trail curry for a pot luck, if that's what we're doing.

City: What type of events were you thinking?

ETA: Oh, and I can show off a lot of cool camping gear! :D
"Where did I leave that clue-by-four?" -Me
"TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once." -Rush2112
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." ~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/
TheLight
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby hikenlightguy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Don't think NJ is too far either !! We might have to take a ride 'North'. Thanks for the invite!!
hikenlightguy

Postby Lynda » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:47 am

City, I'll definitely consider it. Thanks.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby cityhomesteader » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:15 am

TheLight wrote:Hey folks,
I'm game to attend for sure. I'm an experienced wilderness camper who's had certifications in wilderness first aid, cpr, aed, etc. I could do a session along those lines, though no cert would be issued. I'm also an amateur radio operator and could bring my rig up with (probably do that anyway, actually). I'm not so great at campfire cooking, but I'd be happy to whip up some of my famous trail curry for a pot luck, if that's what we're doing.

City: What type of events were you thinking?

ETA: Oh, and I can show off a lot of cool camping gear! :D

Hey That Sounds Great!!! I'm in on that wildereness first aide. Pot luck would be cool too! If we get enough folks all foods I am sure would be welcome.
I'm leading a Small workshop on Foraging and Plant ID.. Hoping Rod can come and lead a workshop on His Skills and I think There will be a Workshop on Orienteering with a map and compass.. Definitely fire starting with a bow and drill, or Swedish fire steel..
Any more folks want to through there iron in the fire with skill sets they could teach??
Cityhomesteader
cityhomesteader

Postby cityhomesteader » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:17 am

hikenlightguy wrote:Don't think NJ is too far either !! We might have to take a ride 'North'. Thanks for the invite!!

Hey if NJ wants to come along they are welcome.. Trying to work out details with Chris for group rates for a large crowd..
Cityhomesteader
cityhomesteader

Postby Rod » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:19 pm

I don't know how many forum users are from Rhode Island, but the more the merrier and it's not far either. :)
Where will you turn to for help when the Red Cross, Salvation Army and your Insurance is worn out? A.N.T.S.
Rod
Connecticut Preppers Network

Postby TheLight » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm very much looking forward to the plant ID and foraging. That's an area where I'm sorely lacking.
"Where did I leave that clue-by-four?" -Me
"TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once." -Rush2112
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." ~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/
TheLight
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vina8 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:47 pm

Road trip! Well, probably not realistic from NC, but y'all may be meeting the same weekend we do. Maybe we could set up a couple of laptops and do a Skype connection.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby connecticut yankee » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 pm

If wife is well enough, count me in!
Maybe we can bring extra equipment to swap/buy/sell. :thumbup:
[color=#BF0000]P+[/color]
connecticut yankee

Postby founderant » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:07 pm

Vina8 wrote:Road trip! Well, probably not realistic from NC, but y'all may be meeting the same weekend we do. Maybe we could set up a couple of laptops and do a Skype connection.

I like that idea!
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby cityhomesteader » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:40 pm

Vina8 wrote:Road trip! Well, probably not realistic from NC, but y'all may be meeting the same weekend we do. Maybe we could set up a couple of laptops and do a Skype connection.

Takes me Twelve hours straight driving to get to NC to see my sis and Mom.. That would be hard, but do able.. Love to have you!!
Cityhomesteader
cityhomesteader

Postby vtwinzazen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:51 am

You can count me in. I have to see what weekend I'm working that month. Have to work every third. I might be able to switch. Won't know till April. Think I camped and fished there as a kid. Nice state forest. I will bring my wife. Don't know if they will be working.
Paul (vtwinzazen)

"Sharing knowledge is not about giving people something, or getting something from them. That is only valid for information sharing. Sharing knowledge occurs when people are genuinely interested in helping one another develop new capacities for action; it is about creating learning processes."

Peter Senge
vtwinzazen

Next

Return to Connecticut Meetups