• Advertisement

Kentucky Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Welcome to the Kentucky Preppers Network. Please Introduce Yourselves
Forum rules
The Kentucky Preppers Network also has it's own hosted forum. You can register and log in at: http://www.kentuckypreppersnetworkforum.com/

Kentucky Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 pm

The American Preppers Network is conducting a network-wide roll call.

Kentucky Preppers, please reply to this post and let us know what you are doing to prep.

Are you new or not sure where to start?

Here are a few tips

Networking
The APN focuses heavily on promoting our state groups at the regional and local levels, more so than most forums. Here is the State Network directory, use it to get to know and communicate with others near you.
viewforum.php?f=36

Some other things you can do:
* Check in to your states group at least once or twice a week to help keep your local groups active
* See a storm or disaster in your area? Post about it and let others know
* Find a good deal at a local merchant? Tell us about it.
* Join your local CERT teams. Each state directory has a link that lists the teams in your state.
* Join ANTS (Americans Networking To Survive) ANTS is a unique group that forms supply chains between members so that members should not have to rely on the government for emergency supplies in a disaster. Here is their website: http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
Here is their sub-forum here on APN: viewforum.php?f=618
* Join a local survival, preparedness, or sustainable living meetup group, or start one yourself. Meetup.com is a great social network that helps you meet others near you. APN is offering for a limited time free Meetup.com pages for our Gold members who want to start local Preppers meetups. Normally these pages are $20 a month to get started but with APN Gold membership being only $5 a month you can realize a net savings of $15 a month. Here is information on the offer: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9170

Learning
Here on the APN learning is free. Our index page (index.php) is organized and categorized so that you can browse easily by subject to find the categories you are looking for. If you dont see a topic that you are looking for you can use the search bar. If you still can't find what you are looking for, then pose a question in the appropriate category and our members are more than happy to share their knowledge.

Resources here on the forum:
* The basics section here on the forum: viewforum.php?f=616
* The Survival, preparedness, and sustainable living directory: viewforum.php?f=12

Free downloads:
* http://cd3wd.com/ (Over 4,000 titles totally over 13 gigabytes)
* http://www.preppers.info/Free_Downloads.html (Over 300 ebooks, manuals and pdfs for download or get them all on disk for free. There is a suggested donation of $2.97 to help cover shipping and handling)
* http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm Hundreds of military training manuals and coursebooks for download
*Here is an article on how to build your survival library for pennies on the dollar: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/ ... y-for.html

Teaching
By sharing what you know on how to prepare, survive, or live sustainable you are helping others to become more self-reliant in the process. "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." The more prepared everyone is and the more self-reliant everyone is, the freer we all are. When the unprepared become prepared they are no longer a liability for everyone else. Understand the difference between being in a disaster where there is only one able bodied person who is prepared and 10 who are unprepared vs a disaster where there are 10 prepared and only one who is in need. An unprepared populace that is dependent on the Government means less freedom for YOU. Do you see how you can "Find Freedom Through Teaching Others Self-Reliance"?

Some things you can do:
*Share your knowledge on these forums. You may find it to be a fair and equitable barter when you do. If are able to learn something from others here, then repay the favor by sharing with them what you know.
*Contribute articles to the blogs. The APN and state blogs are member and reader contributed blogs. We are holding a weekly contest now: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9086
*Attend the local meetups if there are any in your community and teach your skills.

Do you have most of the bases covered already? Then reply to this post and tell us what you've been doing to prepare. You may inspire others to try something new. Good luck and Prep On!
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Kentucky Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Postby jmo227 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:23 pm

First time checking in. I've been doubling or tripling up on staple items when shopping. Not much, but it's a start. I'm also getting the tomatoes, onions, and other early veggies started from seed this week. My main focus, though, is to trade in this 3/4 acre lot for greener--and larger--pastures this summer.

By the way...is the kentuckypreppersnetworkforum.com site separate or mirrored here? My login doesn't seem to work there. Is that the place where most of the discussion happens?
jmo227

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

That is the main forum for the Kentucky Preppers Network. This one is a smaller forum for Kentucky members who are also members of APN. You will need a separate account to access that forum.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby BusBoy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Checking in, though, the Kentucky Preppers forum is my main home, so I don't get to APN very often at all. I guess it is one of the benefits/drawbacks to having such a nice in state prepper forum.

I encourage all who check in here to go there http://www.kentuckypreppersnetworkforum.com/, register and meet some of the 300 folks active on that forum.
BusBoy

Postby lghb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Kentucky preppers network ROCKS! People are awesome!
lghb

Checking In: Kentucky Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Postby boatchick18 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 am

Good Morning -

Just checking in - I very much enjoy many of the forums that I can access from this site. Even though we live in different states, different ideas are always great.

In regards to prepping, I have been living off the fruits of our labor. I had a snowmobile accident a few weeks ago and separated my shoulder so I haven't been doing much but resting and reading - which is where this forums and other like it are wonderful.
Althought I can't practice all that I am reading, I can take notes and educate myself.

Have a great day!

~boatchick~
boatchick18

Postby bunny » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:50 pm

lghb wrote:Kentucky preppers network ROCKS! People are awesome!

I agree! :D Fantastic group loaded with great information.

I log into KPN daily (ok, multiple times daily) and am greeted with posters who have a real desire to learn from one another, share information and ideas and just generally fellowship with like minded people...its a wonderful network
bunny

Postby lghb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Amen, Bunny.
lghb

Postby Bunker » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Yep, I'm here. I just keep putting my weekly allowance towards my preps. When I'm old and retired I might not have any money but I'll have plenty of Mac & Cheese to live on.

Bunker
I'm Insidethebunker

head down, periscope up
NRA Lifetime Member, GOA Lifetime Member, NESA Lifetime Member
& proud dad of a lean and mean, United States Marine

Come visit us sometime, Kentucky Preppers Network.... http://www.kentuckypreppersnetworkforum.com/portal.php
Bunker
Kentucky Preppers Network
Kentucky Preppers Network

Postby Howey 01 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm here just found this roll call i do all i can to prep buy extra when i find a deal shop at Aldi's good bargains
Howey 01

Postby veggieboy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Hey everyone.... i'm here (sometimes)

veggieboy

BTW -- i read somewhere that Mac and Cheese is a food group all by itself..... :clap:
veggieboy

Postby lghb » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi ya'll. Stopping in for a visit here.
lghb

Postby heathp » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 am

Hi all,
Checking in from Western Kentucky. I own 25 acres where I raise meat goats, meat rabbits, dairy goats and I have a dairy cow. I also grow my own survivalist garden each year. I butcher my own rabbits and clean my own fish, can the vegetables I grow each year, make butter and cheese. I am also stocking up on bulk foods like beans, rice, flour and spices. We are starting a Community Farmers Alliance in my area and I would love to meet other preppers in the area!
heathp

Postby msheffer » Wed May 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Checking in from Northern Kentucky. I've been actively prepping for about 2 years now. Stock up on beans, bullets and bandaids. I have a garden site at my home and also joined a community garden, although the torrential rains have slowed my spring planting. Would love to meet up with other prepper's in the NKY area. Would also be very interesting meeting fellow prepper's who have a retreat and will be in need of additional manpower should the Schumer hits the fan..... I could bring my own BeansBulletsBandaids in the event of a bug out, but would rather be able to store everything at a well defensible retreat location. Would be me and the wife. Let me know if there's any interest in forming an alliance/friendship.

Shef
msheffer

Return to Check In Here Kentucky Preppers