• Advertisement

I have breast implants and an IUD

For all the lady preppers out there

Moderators: mmpaints, medic94

Re: I have breast implants and an IUD

Postby mountainknitter » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:52 pm

I went for a implanon (arm implant birth control) over an IUD because it is possible (not recommended but definitely possible) to take it out on your own. Its less than a quarter inch under the skin in my left arm so as long as I had some courage and a small knife the hardest issue would be keeping the (very tiny) cut from getting infected afterwards. Idk about the breast implants though that would be a whole lot tougher.
mountainknitter

Postby nightshiftprepper » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 am

Trade the IUD for an implant (nexplanon style)... it would still have to be removed/switched out every few years, but it's easier to do on your own in a shtf situation (.....or you end up not having insurance for a while because you're young and broke like the author of this reply)
nightshiftprepper

Postby Senah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:22 pm

One thing to keep in mind - I feel better about having an IUD because a big issue for me is being sure that no matter what I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. The IUD (depending on which one you have) would last you from 8-12 years, which to me in terms of unplanned pregnancy and maternal mortality is a bigger concern than how easy it would be to take out.
Senah

Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did. ~ Sarah Caldwell
Senah
Montana Preppers Network
Montana Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 pm

One thing to keep in mind about IUDs...they can, and DO "slip" out of place, allowing an unplanned pregnancy to occur, AND possibly causing you injury. It happened to my sister. Her IUD "slipped", working its way halfway through the uterine wall and resulting in her becoming pregnant, at a time when she and her husband were NOT planning a child. The necessary surgery required to remove the device from her uterine wall (AND to take care of the infection it caused) also resulted in the loss of the baby. (They would NOT have chosen to abort the pregnancy, btw...they had 3 other children)
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Ladies Section