• Advertisement

Richmond Meet-up

Post meetups and events here

Moderator: simpleman

Richmond Meet-up

Postby RVAprepper2319 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 am

My wife and I were talking last night and figured it would be best to get to know some more families around this area that we can prep with. How man people can we get into a group here in RVA? Maybe do a weekend in the next week or two?

Let me know what works best for Ya'll!
The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
RVAprepper2319
Michigan Preppers Network

Re: Richmond Meet-up

Postby Wyrdwoman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:43 am

My husband and I would love to meet up with other families. We are in Goochland and have no problem traveling a bit to meet up with others. It would need to be family friendly as we have two young children. Our weekends are pretty much open, just basic farm stuff and doing things with the kids. Maybe we could meet up at a library(some have nice meeting rooms available), a park(if the weather is nice) or someplace like Jason's Deli or such.
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone you encounter
Wyrdwoman

Postby RVAprepper2319 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 am

Awesome. We are in Midlothian and wouldnt mind travelling either. How old are your kids? We have a 2 yr old and a 4 month old and boy do they keep us on our toes!
The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
RVAprepper2319

Postby Wyrdwoman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 am

We have a 5(will be 6 very soon) yr old boy and a 4 yr old girl. They really do keep us on our toes. We are trying to include them in our prepping, they went shooting for the first time last weekend. They both got to fire a 22 revolver with help from me and my son got to fire a 22 rifle and 9mm pistol with help from my husband. It was really nice being able to teach them about firearms and firearm safety ourselves.
Wyrdwoman

Postby RVAprepper2319 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah i'm just waiting for the day to get my oldest into shooting. Still trying to get my wife into early shooting though...she wasnt raised on firearms like I was.

Do you or your husband go shooting anywhere around here? like dominion, or colonial shooting academy? That might be a good place to meet before trying to drag our entire families to something first.

This weekend is pretty full for us but if you'd like to set something up next weekend (8th & 9th) we could do that! I'm really looking forward to getting to know some more preppers around here!
RVAprepper2319

Postby Wyrdwoman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

We went shooting on a friends property in Hanover and we are thinking about making a range on our property. We have the space and it would be nice to have a designated space to shoot at the house. We haven't been to either range, and we have been wanting to go CSA but just never it yet. I used to teach by there and I watched it being built and really wanted to see it.

Next weekend is okay for us, there is a rabbit show at RIR on Sat.(we breed rabbits) but I am not sure if we are going to make it or not. Also we have been wanting to go to Bass Pro in Ashland to see Santa for the kids but we a couple weeks to do that.

I understand about your wife, my husband wasn't raised with guns either but now he is getting more comfortable with them. I was raised with guns and had them years ago but my first husband was not into guns, so all I had for years was my grandfathers shotgun. We have a couple of sidearms in different sizes, for me getting back into guns, I really like to shoot my 22 revolver. I keep it in the kitchen for times when I see a fox or raccoon by the chickens. It might really help her to have another woman to shoot with, sometimes shooting around men can be intimidating for women. See other women with a gun might make her more comfortable.
Wyrdwoman

Postby RVAprepper2319 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:10 pm

That sounds like a great idea! I'm sure she would catch on if someone like her was to shoot too. Let me talk things over with her about meeting up with you guys and I can PM you with some details. Or if you have a place where you know you will be then by all means let me know. (my 2 yr old LOVES animals...haha)
RVAprepper2319

Postby USMCWife2010 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:29 pm

I would definitely be interested in meeting some other preppers face to face, too. I commute an hour to work, so meeting up anywhere in the general Richmond area is doable for me.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Fortune favors the well-prepared.

P!
USMCWife2010
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby RVAprepper2319 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Where do you live USMC? When would be a good time? Got kids? Oh and wyrdwoman how old are all you guys? My wife and I are 25 and 26 respectively.
RVAprepper2319

Postby USMCWife2010 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm

We're out in western Goochland near the Louisa and Fluvanna county borders. With the holidays approaching we have a lot of family obligations (as do we all!) on the weekends so it's hard to say when it'd be a good time to meet! We don't have any kids yet and are 25 and 29. We'll be at the gun show this Saturday and possibly Sunday after church if we feel like a follow-up visit is necessary.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Fortune favors the well-prepared.

P!
USMCWife2010

Postby RVAprepper2319 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Awesome. We'll try and go to the gun show as well. Ill send you a PM if you'd like to meet up there.
RVAprepper2319

Postby Wyrdwoman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm

I am just a few minutes away from USMCWife2010 in western Goochland. We are 42 and 44.
Wyrdwoman

Postby JalepenoPrepper » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 pm

We're both 54, live in Powhatan, two sons, 19 and 22 (and his wife). Just getting into "prepping", but we come from a line of Preppers before it was popular. Developing our plan now and beginning to begin! lol
No, you may not quote me for any book, article, news story, etc, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -President Ronald Reagan
JalepenoPrepper

Postby RVAprepper2319 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:34 am

I know at least myself and USMCwife2010 will be at the richmond showplace gun show tomorrow morning. If anyone else is looking to meet up let either of us know!
RVAprepper2319

Postby Wyrdwoman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:18 am

My husband and I will be there. We have a list of things to look for.
Wyrdwoman

Next

Return to Virginia Meetups