• Advertisement

Saying no to unprepared families

Talk about non-lethal self defense, personal safety, and home security.

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

Re: Saying no to unprepared families

Postby apache235 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 pm

If we get invaded by the Russians or Chinese all bets are off but I wouldn't give them good odds as long as the US military was still in existence. The South Africa situation is just the opposite of here. 12% of the population is not going to run roughshod over the rest of us, especially out in the country where they might just stand out a bit. Their domain will be the cities. Home invasions are on the rise, but when resisted, the bad guys tend to lose - not all the time but for the most part they aren't up for a firefight. I would think that folks in the country are more likely to stick together AND they have the knowledge necessary to survive. City dwellers and snowflakes, not so much. Stay in the city if you want to, it may just work out fine. Being in the midst of tens of thousands to millions of starving people is not my idea of a picnic however.
apache235

Postby BK in KC » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 pm

apache235 wrote:If we get invaded by the Russians or Chinese all bets are off but I wouldn't give them good odds as long as the US military was still in existence. The South Africa situation is just the opposite of here. 12% of the population is not going to run roughshod over the rest of us, especially out in the country where they might just stand out a bit. Their domain will be the cities. Home invasions are on the rise, but when resisted, the bad guys tend to lose - not all the time but for the most part they aren't up for a firefight. I would think that folks in the country are more likely to stick together AND they have the knowledge necessary to survive. City dwellers and snowflakes, not so much. Stay in the city if you want to, it may just work out fine. Being in the midst of tens of thousands to millions of starving people is not my idea of a picnic however.

You clearly haven't considered what happens in an economic collapse. The author of the first article lived through one, so I'll take his advice over yours thanks. And you have exactly zero idea what my prepping situation is or BOL's I may have prepped.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby apache235 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:50 am

Please feel free to do what you feel is best, I am in no way trying to tell you to do something different, just expressing my opinion which you disagree with - that doesn't make either of us right or wrong as none of us has a clue what will happen in this country since it hasn't happened yet. As far as I'm concerned, this tinkling contest is done.
apache235

Postby terrapin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:36 pm

apache235 wrote:Please feel free to do what you feel is best, I am in no way trying to tell you to do something different, just expressing my opinion which you disagree with - that doesn't make either of us right or wrong as none of us has a clue what will happen in this country since it hasn't happened yet. As far as I'm concerned, this tinkling contest is done.

:thumbup:
terrapin

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 pm

apache235 wrote:If we get invaded by the Russians or Chinese all bets are off but I wouldn't give them good odds as long as the US military was still in existence. The South Africa situation is just the opposite of here. 12% of the population is not going to run roughshod over the rest of us, especially out in the country where they might just stand out a bit. Their domain will be the cities. Home invasions are on the rise, but when resisted, the bad guys tend to lose - not all the time but for the most part they aren't up for a firefight. I would think that folks in the country are more likely to stick together AND they have the knowledge necessary to survive. City dwellers and snowflakes, not so much. Stay in the city if you want to, it may just work out fine. Being in the midst of tens of thousands to millions of starving people is not my idea of a picnic however.

yet in the worst SHTF this country has ever experienced - other than the World Wars - The Great Depression - the cities attracted everyone looking for some kind of support - the countryside emptied out .... trend continued thru WW2 drawing in people for the defense jobs - modified slightly post war with the metro area expanse - still occurring today - the rural life shrinks more every year ....

the type of SHTF makes all the difference - you can't call the same play on every down ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Renerylee2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:15 pm

I've given it some thought and if it's a long term disaster, I would not answer the door. I would,however, put a sign on the doors telling people not to break in the door thinking that I am not there or they will be shot. They've been told not to come to my house anyway. One who even believes hard times are ahead said "The Lord will provide". I told her not to confuse me with the Lord.
Renerylee2

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 am

here's an on topic recent article that fits this mish mash posting .....

http://readynutrition.com/resources/blo ... _20112017/
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby JayJay » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 am

Renerylee2 wrote:I've given it some thought and if it's a long term disaster, I would not answer the door. I would,however, put a sign on the doors telling people not to break in the door thinking that I am not there or they will be shot. They've been told not to come to my house anyway. One who even believes hard times are ahead said "The Lord will provide". I told her not to confuse me with the Lord.

I read from 3 different Bibles and not one states ...'God loaded that boat for Noah'..... :?
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Postby sageprice » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:40 pm

They weren't willing to prep why would they be willing to help you help them? Just another leech on society.
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Personal Safety and Home Security