• Advertisement

EBOLA-News & Discussion-WORLD-(Continued Reports)

Post about flu and other pandemics here

Moderator: medic94

Re: EBOLA-News & Discussion-WORLD-(Continued Reports)

Postby LeeLynn » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Scary for sure.
LeeLynn

Postby Rod » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:23 am

I wonder if this recurrence will be more, or less, contagious then the original infection.
Where will you turn to for help when the Red Cross, Salvation Army and your Insurance is worn out? A.N.T.S.
Rod
Connecticut Preppers Network
Connecticut Preppers Network

Postby anita » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:26 pm

More on Ebola relapses:

http://news.yahoo.com/mystery-deaths-si ... 09259.html
Dr. Dan Kelly, founder of non-profit organization Wellbody Alliance who has worked on Ebola in Sierra Leone, estimates that relapsing Ebola might affect 10 percent of all recovered patients.

He said this was based on two cases, including Cafferkey's, where the live virus was detected among the roughly 20 survivors treated in Europe and the United States. Other experts have declined to give an estimate, saying it is too early to tell.

"One case reminds me of Pauline but we were unable to find a laboratory willing to test the patient before the patient died," he said. "In West Africa it (relapsing Ebola) is mostly undiagnosed, hardly treated and people are certainly dying of it."
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby anita » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:21 am

Saw this on the Survivalist Boards and thought it was interesting. - New Symptoms Surface in Ebola Patients Months After Recovery

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health ... 2B20151216
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby 295linda » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:56 am

What concerns me about any of these deadly communicable diseases is the ease of spread thanks to speedy, international airline travel. It only takes one non-symptomatic and unknowing carrier on board an aircraft to pass a communicable illness (such as bird flu) to other passengers who then change airplanes at the next airport and take the illness to many other destinations before they too start showing symptoms. While I have lots of medical preps to keep a protective barrier between myself and any visitors or contaminated mail that arrive at my front door and to do good decontamination procedures, the hard part is knowing when to enact those precautions. By the time I hear on the local news program about some deadly communicable illness being detected in my area it might already be too late to avoid exposure. I do try to keep current on available vaccinations (especially flu) and practice good health habits to keep the immune system up, but there is only so much a person can do.
295linda

Postby ColoradoPrepper » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:55 pm

anita wrote:Saw this on the Survivalist Boards and thought it was interesting. - New Symptoms Surface in Ebola Patients Months After Recovery

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health ... 2B20151216

New symptoms surface but are the individuals infectious during these flare ups?

It has been stated that Ebola patients, once recovered, pose no risk to the public health. In short, they are not a walking Typhoid Mary after the three months it takes for the virus to leave the body.
ColoradoPrepper

Postby anita » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:54 am

From Yahoo, via Drudge:

New Ebola outbreak in Guinea

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/health-worker ... 09291.html

anita

Postby dmwalsh568 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:55 am

And from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39899406

Ebola: WHO declares outbreak in DR Congo

The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
At least one person has died after contracting the virus in the country's north-east, the WHO says.
The Congolese health ministry had notified the WHO of a "lab-confirmed case" of Ebola, it added on Twitter.

<snip>

Full article at http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39899406

Time to recheck your medical preps and see if anything needs replacing....
dmwalsh568

Previous

Return to Pandemic Preparedness