• Advertisement

How Many People Know About 90% Coins?

Discuss Finances Here. *Note, this is not a replacement for Professional advice and should not be used for such.

Moderator: medic94

Re: How Many People Know About 90% Coins?

Postby ajax727 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Nice find swamp .
Fellow who owns a few gas stations here sells me the sliver coins they find , I pay sliver market price no discount he is tight on a dollar . I also get a few star notes and red and blue seals when they find them . I would assume that the coins and notes they find and I get are stolen , people stealing from the ma and pa or kin .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby daaswampman » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:39 pm

ajax727 wrote:Nice find swamp .
Fellow who owns a few gas stations here sells me the sliver coins they find , I pay sliver market price no discount he is tight on a dollar . I also get a few star notes and red and blue seals when they find them . I would assume that the coins and notes they find and I get are stolen, people stealing from the ma and pa or kin .

I bank in a small town (less than 2k people). It is not uncommon to see good coins surface when times get rough or people pass on. The bank recently called me when a guy brought in over 300 rolls of old cents and nickels. They were all from the forties and fifties. I called the guy up and he had more he needed to roll. He brought them over and we ran them through my counter and we are both happy. An uncle had bit the dust and he had dozens of jars of coins. I bought the silver at spot, the rest at face, and the majority of the contents of the house!

Some may be stolen, but most are because people are stupid, lazy, or don't care. A fact that I am very pleased with! How else would a picker like myself, make a nice sideline buying vintage and antique items for a few cents on the dollar? It only takes a minute to research anything if you have a smartphone, but few people bother! Even if you don't have a local market there is E-bay! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

Just thought people here might be interested,
silver is back down into the price range I consider
worthwhile to buy.
(I used to buy thought AMPEX, and still get the
alerts, but I have all I need.)
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby John Galt 1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Agreed, silver is at a "buy" price in my opinion.

I suspect that a lot of people are selling their silver/gold and buying bitcoin.

I have nothing against playing in crypto coins, have a little myself, but now is probably not the time to be buying Bitcoin, maybe a few of the alt-coins.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby angie_nrs » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:23 pm

I wish I had jumped on this when TRex2 posted.

I've always been taught not to invest in anything you don't understand. For that reason, I likely won't ever be investing in crypto-currencies. I've got too much other stuff to do than to soak up all my time in trying to understand that. :eek: Besides, from the little bit I think I understand....it looks like a pyramid scheme to me.

At least with PM's and other hard assets that I can tangibly hold, I'm quite certain it won't just disappear one day without my knowledge. Plus, it's much more difficult for someone to steal it. Thieves these days like the easy and anonymous route to thievery. They're gonna have to put their butt on the line if they want to take my stuff. I can guarantee that it's going to be more trouble than what it's worth! :gunshooting:
angie_nrs

Postby TRex2 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:37 pm

angie_nrs wrote:I wish I had jumped on this when TRex2 posted.[/code]
Well, prices are not at the bottom, but they are not too terrible.
I broke my own investing rules and bought a few years ago,
when the prices were still above $20 :blush:
But I am not too bothered by it, I plan to pass it on to my kids.

[code]
I've always been taught not to invest in anything you don't understand. For that reason, I likely won't ever be investing in crypto-currencies. I've got too much other stuff to do than to soak up all my time in trying to understand that. :eek: Besides, from the little bit I think I understand....it looks like a pyramid scheme to me.
Not quite like a pyramid, but it is like a foreign currency from a country that has no agriculture,
mining, or manufacturing: just trade. Like Q'tar or Dubai.
I do NOT recommend it.

At least with PM's and other hard assets that I can tangibly hold, I'm quite certain it won't just disappear one day without my knowledge. Plus, it's much more difficult for someone to steal it. Thieves these days like the easy and anonymous route to thievery. They're gonna have to put their butt on the line if they want to take my stuff. I can guarantee that it's going to be more trouble than what it's worth! :gunshooting:

You are right about that.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Previous

Return to Financial Issues