• Advertisement

Say There Is A Coyote In Your Yard

General hunting topics

Re: Say There Is A Coyote In Your Yard

Postby 5 Forks » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:52 pm

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:5forks, you have no idea how much knowledge and experience I have on coyotes, wildlife, dogs or dog breeding, or how much time I have spent "out there" in wild places. I think it is you who is out of touch with nature and reality and inexperienced. Have you ever petted an elk or fed one grass with your bare hand?? Have you ever Ridden on the back of a Brown Bear?? Have you ever fed a starving Coyote by hand out through your car window that stood there on a Highway in the middle of nowhere in the dead of a fierce winter?? I think not, but I have done all 3 and I don't care whether you believe it or not. SMDH?? What kind of English is that? :-) Lifelong
Ok Im happy to hear that. When you get that coyote tamed you get back to us. We look forward to hearing from you too. (wink)
;) Until then Ill just SMDH. Hahaha
Islam is as dangerous in man as rabies is in a dog.
Winston Churchill

A hyphenated American is not an American at all … The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.
Theodore Roosevelt

The term "Undocumented Alien" is like calling a drug pusher an "Un-Licensed Pharmacist"
5 Forks

Postby theoutback » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:43 am

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:5forks, you have no idea how much knowledge and experience I have on coyotes, wildlife, dogs or dog breeding, or how much time I have spent "out there" in wild places. I think it is you who is out of touch with nature and reality and inexperienced. Have you ever petted an elk or fed one grass with your bare hand?? Have you ever Ridden on the back of a Brown Bear?? Have you ever fed a starving Coyote by hand out through your car window that stood there on a Highway in the middle of nowhere in the dead of a fierce winter?? I think not, but I have done all 3 and I don't care whether you believe it or not. :-) Lifelong

Please......BS! :rofl:
theoutback

Postby jebrooks76 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:51 am

sageprice wrote:All you need is a good recipe for coyote and other people solve you problem

So this got me thinking. I had never actually considered eating them. Seems there are a lot of recipes out there. Would you soak it for a couple of days to get the blood out of the meat like deer?
For some reason I mentally relate them to a dog with mange and never considered them a present food source.
jebrooks76
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby 5 Forks » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:18 am

theoutback wrote:
Lifelong Survivalist wrote:5forks, you have no idea how much knowledge and experience I have on coyotes, wildlife, dogs or dog breeding, or how much time I have spent "out there" in wild places. I think it is you who is out of touch with nature and reality and inexperienced. Have you ever petted an elk or fed one grass with your bare hand?? Have you ever Ridden on the back of a Brown Bear?? Have you ever fed a starving Coyote by hand out through your car window that stood there on a Highway in the middle of nowhere in the dead of a fierce winter?? I think not, but I have done all 3 and I don't care whether you believe it or not. :-) Lifelong

Please......BS! :rofl:

Be careful! I dont think theres a punch line. And you wonder why insurance for zoos is so expensive. ;)
Winston Churchill

A hyphenated American is not an American at all … The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.
Theodore Roosevelt

The term "Undocumented Alien" is like calling a drug pusher an "Un-Licensed Pharmacist"
5 Forks

Postby IceFire » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Lifelong Survivalist wrote:Yeah, let's say there is a coyote in my yard. I wish there was. I would try to befriend it. Especially if it were a female and could have pups next Spring. If that were possible I would attempt to crossbreed one of the pups with a breed of dog as a hunting dog. Not sure which breed of dog I would choose though. I surely would not run it off or kill it. Some people just get something out of killing. Sometimes animals that are or were wild can make a good companion/friend under the right circumstances. Sort of like Grizzly Adams and his Bear. It is possible and sometimes it happens. I do not find any pleasure in killing. (however, I do kill spiders, mice/vermin, mosquitos, biting insects and bugs, and other "pests". :-) Lifelong

It's NOT a matter of "getting something out of killing". Those of us on here who have livestock (whether it's chickens, rabbits, goats, or larger animals) need to protect our livestock from predators Which is EXACTLY what coyotes are. Not only that, but in our area, they are WELL known for killing dogs and cats, as well. You can tell which areas have coyotes and which don't...a town a bit north of here has a feral cat problem, because they don't have coyotes. Here, it is VERY rare to see a feral cat (or dog), because the coyotes eat them. If they confined themselves to the strays, or the abundance of wild rabbits, there would be no issue. It's when they come onto our property and decide to make meals out of our livestock (which is our livelihood and PERSONAL FOOD source) that there is a MAJOR problem.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby 5 Forks » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:21 pm

Besides calling them out to shoot is challenging. So is trapping them. But run your traps early. Those rascals will chew their own foot off to escape. One if my favorite ways to take them is stakeout leftover deer bones in a big field. Ease in around 10pm to midnight with a infrared scoped rifle or a good spotlight and give em hell. Its more fun than hog hunting.
Definitely better to go to them BEFORE they come to you. Ill pass on feeding them anything but lead.
Winston Churchill

Theodore Roosevelt

5 Forks

Postby Mountain » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:23 pm

If there crazy enough to come skulking around my cabin I will shoot to kill. As a matter of fact, I'm armed with my AR and surefire light whenever I go outside at night. I've got a Toy Fox Terrier who is afraid of nothing, so I have to be afraid for him. Makes for a long Fall and Winter. Its just how it is up here in the mountains. Mess with my Dawgs, and you mess with me.

Mountain
SEMPER PARATUS
PAX PER POTENS
Mountain
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby Gunns » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:49 am

Neighbor of mine just shot one a couple days ago. Seems when ever I see them its daylight and I don't have my rifle.

At sunset they howl like crazy. There has to be about 100 living within shooting distance of me.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby RockinB » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:03 pm

This chicken thief recently met a 223 Ruger... We shoot em on sight and hang em on fence posts. We have way too many around here too.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
RockinB

Postby trad_bowhunter1965 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:34 pm

I would for sure shoot it only because it has already been eating from garbage cans and cats.
trad_bowhunter1965

Postby JoyDog » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:29 am

The coyotes get the good dogs in the neighborhood. The owls get the house cats. We have huge owls. I started shooting my 243 this summer and have got 2 coyotes and a bob cat off the front porch. Wish I could hit the owls in the dark.
JoyDog

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:46 am

JoyDog wrote:The coyotes get the good dogs in the neighborhood. The owls get the house cats. We have huge owls. I started shooting my 243 this summer and have got 2 coyotes and a bob cat off the front porch. Wish I could hit the owls in the dark.

better not get caught shooting an owl - most are FED protected - you don't want to mix it up with those FED boys ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:52 am

here's a coyote attack on a little house dog that was circulating around the Chicago circuit the last few weeks ....

https://www.realtree.com/the-realblog-w ... ote-attack
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby JoyDog » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:15 am

A coyote will come in and start playing with even a big dog, then when the dog starts chasing the coyote, the coyote will lead the dog back into the brush where the rest of the pack is waiting. They even kill pit bulls and rottweilers. We had a pack run a neighbor into his garage. They are not our friends!
JoyDog

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:19 am

JoyDog wrote:A coyote will come in and start playing with even a big dog, then when the dog starts chasing the coyote, the coyote will lead the dog back into the brush where the rest of the pack is waiting. They even kill pit bulls and rottweilers. We had a pack run a neighbor into his garage. They are not our friends!

the pack leader is smart enough to send in a b!tch to lead a male dog into a pack trap - farmers around here get the worse junkyard dogs they can find for farm work and the coyotes still kill them ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting