• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Stephen King movies

Post links to videos here.

Stephen King movies

Postby Photon Guy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Some of the movies, books, and TV shows by Stephen King deal greatly with SHTF and TEOTWAWKI situations. I thinking particularly of Under the Dome and The Stand but Im sure he's made many others that deal with such situations.
Photon Guy

Re: Stephen King movies

Postby arkieready » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:07 am

I've said it here before. The Stand freaks me out. DD & I both found, part way thru the book, ourselves with sore throats and sniffles. Totally psychosomatic, but weird.
I read it a long time ago, and again more recently, so naturally, reading it with a prepper's eye, I noticed "stuff".
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:57 am

arkieready wrote:I've said it here before. The Stand freaks me out. DD & I both found, part way thru the book, ourselves with sore throats and sniffles. Totally psychosomatic, but weird.
I read it a long time ago, and again more recently, so naturally, reading it with a prepper's eye, I noticed "stuff".

The Stand starts out OK but then goes sideways - the whole Devil thing is too weird
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:44 pm

arkieready wrote:I've said it here before. The Stand freaks me out. DD & I both found, part way thru the book, ourselves with sore throats and sniffles. Totally psychosomatic, but weird.

I never read The Stand but I did see the television miniseries which I thought was quite good. I did listen to the audio book of Under The Dome and right now Im watching the series. You might want to try that out.
Photon Guy

Postby farmer_dude48 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:10 pm

I read the Stand countless times and every time it seemed like I caught a cold....

The movie doesn't do it justice , but I guess that's true with almost all books
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:36 am

I tend to prefer the original book rather than a movie. Same with lonesome dove. That I watch the first movie, then read the book. Much preferred the book. Didn't bother with the remake movie.
I will keep an eye out for " under the dome"
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready

Postby AuntBee » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm

The Dark Tower series, parts of anyway..It's more like a bleak Firefly but w/o the space ships. I don't know if they ever got the movie version off the ground. Maybe they'll resurrect it with all the interest in end-of-world movies.
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby angie_nrs » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:00 pm

I remember watching the Langoliers on TV. I don't remember the whole concept, but I do remember a small group of people seemingly being the only people on earth. An airport they were in was completely deserted. I definitely get the 'vibe' you are talking about with that movie. Hmmmmm.....I wonder what Steve has in his basement. :eek: Second thought, maybe I don't wanna know.
angie_nrs

Postby Photon Guy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:07 pm

AuntBee wrote:The Dark Tower series, parts of anyway..It's more like a bleak Firefly but w/o the space ships. I don't know if they ever got the movie version off the ground. Maybe they'll resurrect it with all the interest in end-of-world movies.

The Dark Tower is what Stephen king considers his Magnum opus. Its sort of like science fiction in a western setting with the fabled Gunslingers such as Roland, the main character, being a bit like knights but in a cowboy setting. Supposedly all of Stephen King's stories are tied to the Dark Tower series somehow or another.
Photon Guy

Postby Gunns » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:50 am

I read more then a few of Kings work. They all go sideways and to tell the truth they all start out good and go flat at the end.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby toxoph » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:58 am

I watch Under the Dome but wish I hadnt started but its like watching a train wreck. I once heard someone aptly describe it as;

"Really stupid people doing really stupid things"!
toxoph

Postby Cheyenne rose » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Stephen King has always been my favorite author above all others. The way he writes seems as if you are right in the heads of the characters. Unfortunately if you have read the book first, the movies do not seem as good. Movies or series that have been inspired by books, seldom follow the books completely, (or that has been my experience anyway).
My understanding if I remember correctly, I heard that Stephen sleeps with his light on, afraid of the dark.
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Cheyenne rose

Postby ArnoldBeck » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm fond of Stephen King's books sicnce childhood. This is my favorive author. I've read almost all his works and wached movies. But I love not all film versions... Anyway I'm still fan of it, and I guess will be a long time :)
ArnoldBeck

Postby pilgrimtr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:20 am

dark tower was the worst story he has ever put pen to paper. the stand was his best. mic drop. pilgrim
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:27 am

unfortunately - King, like most of Hollyweird, went political against conservatives - donated a chunk of $$$$ and I believe even came out in support of ANTIFA ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Return to Videos, Movies, and TV shows