• Advertisement

Survival Bucket

Discuss Bug Out Bags, Get Home Bags, and Bug Out Vehicles Here.

Moderators: Whisper, medic72

Survival Bucket

Postby Photon Guy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:54 pm

So what do you all think of this survival bucket? It might be something to keep in your closet or car.

http://www.budk.com/UST-Shelter-In-Plac ... -Kit-32298
Photon Guy

Re: Survival Bucket

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:18 pm

I'd go price everything and see if you can do it cheaper. The idea is good.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:39 am

Did you notice that is a two gallon bucket! I am sure it could be put together for a whole lot less than eighty bucks. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby divers351 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:29 am

I bought 10 homer buckets from HD a year ago and filled with useful items like gloves, masks, duct tape, life straw, photocopies of water purification techniques, etc etc. Gave one to each of my family members and some friends under the disguise of hurricane preps. It was a great and appreciated gift. I believe some of those that received my gift did the same for there families and friends. It was pretty cool how one act effects so many.
divers351

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:11 am

daaswampman wrote:Did you notice that is a two gallon bucket! I am sure it could be put together for a whole lot less than eighty bucks. Swamp

the contents are $20 - it's the bucket that's the expensive part ....

unfortunately, something like a bucket isn't the best container for vehicle storage .... the people that buy something like that ready made kit are car drivers .... you need a flexible container like a gym bag or knapsack - one that will cram into those out of the way trunk spaces .... that bucket would get bounced around in the trunk - getting in the way 80% of the time - until it finally gets dumped into the garage ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby apache235 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Yup, I get different supplies than on that list, store them in a smaller backpack along with a supply of food and water purification stuff (or filter), knife and a good fire steel, some tinder etc. Leave the store bought kits and make your own.
apache235

Postby theoutback » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:28 am

I just put 3 together this weekend, but they are more food based buckets though. Some things like tuna and such will need to be rotated, so it will be part of the 1st of the year to do list, like changing batteries in smoke alarms.
theoutback

Return to BOB's & BOV's