• Advertisement

LDS food supplies

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Re: LDS food supplies

Postby JC1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:56 pm

idahobeef wrote:My family is Mormon and has used this stuff for years, sadly much of it you would ONLY want to eat when you were starving. I honestly consider their stuff not edible, but we do have alot of it since its cheap and lasts a long time. Just an honest opinion from someone who's had to live on it while growing up.

I have to disagree. I also grew up eating it; as an adult I use it all the time.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government
take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. Henry Ford
JC1

Postby Gunns » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:46 am

JC1 wrote:
Mountain mama wrote:
idahobeef wrote:My family is Mormon and has used this stuff for years, sadly much of it you would ONLY want to eat when you were starving. I honestly consider their stuff not edible, but we do have alot of it since its cheap and lasts a long time. Just an honest opinion from someone who's had to live on it while growing up.

Thanks for that input. That is nice to know!

I have to disagree. I grew up on it too and I use it all the time.

Me too. You need to amend it too. Without salt, pepper, honey and other spices nothing tastes good.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:01 am

JC1 wrote:
Mountain mama wrote:

Thanks for that input. That is nice to know!

I have to disagree. I grew up on it too and I use it all the time.

I didn't understand the comment either ... somehow the LDS black & navy beans are poorer quality than from the local food mart ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby blue fox » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:17 am

Lionheart1972 wrote:We have one in the north Kansas City area. I think they are fantastic. I have used them for many years and have recommended them on numerous occasions. For the price and quality and storability they beat supper markets hands down.

Where did they move to? I know they used to be out off of 210 highway a couple of years ago.
blue fox
Kansas Preppers Network
Kansas Preppers Network

Postby MrDanB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:54 am

I went yesterday and picked up everything from powdered milk pouches to beans and potato pearls etc. I got 24 #10 cans plus the milk for 125.00. I did not grow up on it, but, as an adult I have enjoyed it. In fact, I haven't had anything from there I didn't like. Beans, rice and pasta are raw. It will taste as good as your cooking skills allow it to be imho. Looking at their order sheet, 95% of everything they offer needs to be cooked, seasoned, other ingredients added etc to make it palatable. A can or sack of oats would taste pretty bland all by itself. A little sugar and raisins and maybe cinnamon or nuts would make it pretty good. I give them a 10 out of 10 for their service too. I walked in, I was greeted in a friendly way and led back to the storehouse, where I produced my order sheet. The gentleman grabbed a cart and loaded it all up for me, rang me up and asked if he could help me out to the truck with it. Super nice people! No lines, no issues and much cheaper than the local supermarkets in my area. You can try it once and if you don't like it, don't go back... www.providentliving.org the food places are called "Bishops Storehouse". Hope that helps someone out there... :)
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby Lionheart1972 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Blue Fox, as far as I know they are still located near that location...

MO-Kansas City
816-453-2398
4051 N. Kimball Drive
Kansas City, MO 64161
Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Postby blue fox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Lionheart1972 wrote:Blue Fox, as far as I know they are still located near that location...

MO-Kansas City
816-453-2398
4051 N. Kimball Drive
Kansas City, MO 64161

Thanks, I will have to double check the next time I get out that way for work.
blue fox
Kansas Preppers Network
Kansas Preppers Network

Previous

Return to General Family Preparedness