• Advertisement

Shall we play a game, II?

Preparedness General Discussion

Moderator: medic94

Re: Shall we play a game, II?

Postby RayMac1963 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:46 am

You at least have to earn 10 Karma to even throw your hat in the ring to be an iconic character like Patrick Swayze. You got some work to do Driven.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby Permafrost » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Cast Iron wrote:Our first what if game was based on a EMP/Carrington like event.
However, in light of recent events, lets play another game.
Here is the situation: 20 JAN 2017, Inauguration Day.
The anti-Trump types light the fuze to the powder keg. And it goes boom.
Major protests in large cities and college campuses, many with violence, arson, general chaos.
But it continues for not just one day but over several days with no end in sight.
There are those who see Trump as a Nazi, doing everything they can to save America from him and his Nazi ways. Real or not, does not matter.
How would you see national events like this playing out in your AOO?
How would you respond?
What actions could or would you take?

A very interesting idea. I read through your other thread and I figured since I was out at the cabin when it "happened" there was no point in posting on it, I was already living like it was a EMP event. I just would not have been able to get back to town the other day and I would have had to trust that my wife would remember to put in the replacement coil for her snowmachine and come out to me. This one is different though, as I am in town.

Alaska would be in a interesting position. Some would use it as a excuse to try to declare their independence from the americans, and we would feel disruptions in our supply chain in 3 to 5 days for about 1/2 of our imported goods as protesters shut down port cities like Seattle and Tacoma. Considering that it is 43 degrees below zero right now I do not see any anti-trump protesters getting worked up here, or if there are any they will be extremely small in numbers. I could see martial law being declared as some Alaskans "forcefully" tell the americans what they actually think of them, using the unrest down south as a force multiplier when troops here are shifted south. This leaves me in a interesting position, fight for our freedom or take the family to the cabin and use it as a excuse to get my wife to finally give up living in the city. Either way we would hit up some stores to top off supplies in the first few hours because they will see the usual limited traffic since the "protests" are many thousands of miles away from us, and doing a major resupply for the cabin for next year was on the agenda anyway. That's actually why I am in town right now, and currently buying supplies. In reality I am sure we would pack up the snowmachines and freight sleds with all they could carry and beet feet out to our cabin. In some ways I am shameless like that and I will use any perceived advantage I have to get my wife to go out to the wilderness with me.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:22 am

Permafrost wrote:
Cast Iron wrote:Our first what if game was based on a EMP/Carrington like event.
However, in light of recent events, lets play another game.
Here is the situation: 20 JAN 2017, Inauguration Day.
The anti-Trump types light the fuze to the powder keg. And it goes boom.
Major protests in large cities and college campuses, many with violence, arson, general chaos.
But it continues for not just one day but over several days with no end in sight.
There are those who see Trump as a Nazi, doing everything they can to save America from him and his Nazi ways. Real or not, does not matter.
How would you see national events like this playing out in your AOO?
How would you respond?
What actions could or would you take?

A very interesting idea. I read through your other thread and I figured since I was out at the cabin when it "happened" there was no point in posting on it, I was already living like it was a EMP event. I just would not have been able to get back to town the other day and I would have had to trust that my wife would remember to put in the replacement coil for her snowmachine and come out to me. This one is different though, as I am in town.

Alaska would be in a interesting position. Some would use it as a excuse to try to declare their independence from the americans, and we would feel disruptions in our supply chain in 3 to 5 days for about 1/2 of our imported goods as protesters shut down port cities like Seattle and Tacoma. Considering that it is 43 degrees below zero right now I do not see any anti-trump protesters getting worked up here, or if there are any they will be extremely small in numbers. I could see martial law being declared as some Alaskans "forcefully" tell the americans what they actually think of them, using the unrest down south as a force multiplier when troops here are shifted south. This leaves me in a interesting position, fight for our freedom or take the family to the cabin and use it as a excuse to get my wife to finally give up living in the city. Either way we would hit up some stores to top off supplies in the first few hours because they will see the usual limited traffic since the "protests" are many thousands of miles away from us, and doing a major resupply for the cabin for next year was on the agenda anyway. That's actually why I am in town right now, and currently buying supplies. In reality I am sure we would pack up the snowmachines and freight sleds with all they could carry and beet feet out to our cabin. In some ways I am shameless like that and I will use any perceived advantage I have to get my wife to go out to the wilderness with me.

Thank you for your post.

Interesting to see different view points on the topic.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby RayMac1963 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:49 am

Permafrost wrote:Either way we would hit up some stores to top off supplies in the first few hours because they will see the usual limited traffic since the "protests" are many thousands of miles away from us, and doing a major resupply for the cabin for next year was on the agenda anyway. That's actually why I am in town right now, and currently buying supplies. In reality I am sure we would pack up the snowmachines and freight sleds with all they could carry and beet feet out to our cabin. In some ways I am shameless like that and I will use any perceived advantage I have to get my wife to go out to the wilderness with me.

Snowmachines and freight sleds... :shakeno: This guys life right here, puts me shame. :D
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963

Postby NJMike » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:55 am

43 Degrees below zero?
:eek:
Think I'll deal with the locals here. lol
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 am

NJMike wrote:43 Degrees below zero?
:eek:
Think I'll deal with the locals here. lol

That is the advantage with such climates.

After SHTF, no one coming out of NYC will say, "Hey! I got a great idea! Lets go north where the snow fall is measured in 200 or more inches and single digits, without the windchill, are not uncommon!"
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 am

RayMac1963 wrote:You at least have to earn 10 Karma to even throw your hat in the ring to be an iconic character like Patrick Swayze. You got some work to do Driven.

Awwww....But I called dibbs! :(

lol....workin' on it Ray!

I gained 2 more today with Patrick Swayze like actions.... ;)
Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Previous

Return to General Preparedness Discussion