• Advertisement

Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby anita » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:15 pm

This is the second story I've seen about this.

Liberals are catching the prepping bug.

We’re tired of being perceived as wusses who won’t survive when poo poo hits the fan,” said Stacy, a Texas Democrat who recently caught the prepper bug. She spoke with Vocativ on the condition we not publish her last name. “I, for one, don’t like to be thought of as some precious snowflake.”

Pretty ironic.

http://www.vocativ.com/390175/liberal-p ... guns-food/

Hat tip: Drudge
anita

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby rickdun » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:22 pm

anita wrote:This is the second story I've seen about this.

We’re tired of being perceived as wusses who won’t survive when poo poo hits the fan,” said Stacy, a Texas Democrat who recently caught the prepper bug. She spoke with Vocativ on the condition we not publish her last name. “I, for one, don’t like to be thought of as some precious snowflake.”

Pretty ironic.

Sounds like the buttercups are finally waking up "Join the liberal prepper group", can't wait to see patrioticstablist has to say about this one.

Thanks Anita.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:45 pm

I posted the same over in National news.

Glad to see it here too. More exposure, more are informed.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:35 pm

just shows how poor a prepper these liberals really are - takes more than "things" - takes knowledge along with savvy, common sense and practicality ....

bad enough to be a good prepper and have the unprepared liberal sheeple to contend with - but purposely move into a liberal enclave of nothing but sheeple ... that takes a Hellery supporter to explain that logic ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Cast Iron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Be interesting to see if a few of them, after spending a few years homesteading, woke up one morning and discovered they identified more with conservatives than they do liberals.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby NJMike » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I love this. More people being prepared is a bonus.

More people who choose to educate themselves is a bonus.

More people who decide to responsibly exercise their 2A Rights is a bonus.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:38 pm

But will the libs be able to take their preps with them when they are placed into re-education camps?
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby theoutback » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:35 pm

anita wrote:This is the second story I've seen about this.

Pretty ironic.

Very ironic! I could never understand why any lib would prep, that's what FEMA's for.
theoutback

Postby BK in KC » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Good for them. We all have our reasons for prepping and they've found theirs. I don't know how many will stick with it though, since prepping is a long term commitment. Most likely most will buy a gun and a bucket of freeze-dried survival food and that will be that.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC

Postby handyman777 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:52 pm

There probably getting a little worried that the new PRESIDENT might cut them off, from all the free stuff and they'll have to fend for themselves some day.
This should be interesting.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Hope some do, everyone should be prepared for financial issues, health issues, weather events, or just unexpected problems that go with life.

It's not as easy as it sounds, takes commitment, unless like me, I grew up prepping before it was called prepping, for us it was a matter of survival and it just continues. My husband's family did not live like we did though they were very frugal. We were much more self reliant from necessity. So both of us brought parts of prepping to our marriage, DIY, saving money, planning for the future, having skills to keep us going instead of depending on others, living a life with deferred gratification, that's why we are so late doing a lot. But it did work, now if we can live to enjoy what we sowed. We can survive pretty much anything long as we can maintain our health, at our age that is one variable you can't control.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby donba » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:10 pm

WHOW what a surprise PS posted without bad mouthing Trump. I think I need to go lay down , The shock was just to much....
donba

Postby oldasrocks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:01 pm

MEIN GOTT! PS is sounding like a conservative Republican. Proof that miracles can happen.
oldasrocks

Postby theoutback » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:33 am

oldasrocks wrote:MEIN GOTT! PS is sounding like a conservative Republican. Proof that miracles can happen.

SMH... She probably still doesn't get it.

PatrioticStabilist wrote:Hope some do, everyone should be prepared for financial issues, health issues, weather events, or just unexpected problems that go with life.

It's not as easy as it sounds, takes commitment, unless like me, I grew up prepping before it was called prepping, for us it was a matter of survival and it just continues. My husband's family did not live like we did though they were very frugal. We were much more self reliant from necessity. So both of us brought parts of prepping to our marriage, DIY, saving money, planning for the future, having skills to keep us going instead of depending on others, living a life with deferred gratification, that's why we are so late doing a lot. But it did work, now if we can live to enjoy what we sowed. We can survive pretty much anything long as we can maintain our health, at our age that is one variable you can't control.

PS, common think about it. You are conservative if you believe what you just wrote. Democrats/liberals don't believe in being self reliant, saving money, planning for the future, not depending on others, unless the government does it for them.
theoutback

Postby RockinB » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:58 am

Watch out preppers we are about to see a run on crayons and coloring books.
There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
RockinB

Next

Return to General Family Preparedness