• Advertisement

Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby Permafrost » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:38 am

RayMac1963 wrote:
Permafrost wrote:Funny. I never thought of preparedness as a liberal or conservative trait, only a genetic survival mechanism that is stronger in some than in others. I think everybody has both "liberal" and "conservative" tendencies, and they have nothing to do with prepping.



HEY!!! Permas back in town. Hows the homestead! I thought about you when i bought this fleece Balaclava the other day.

It was ok, had a wind storm a month ago and it shut down all the trails. Been clearing down trees to get the trap lines open. Figured since I wasn't making any money I would come to town to visit the family for a few days and resupply. Unfortunately we got a snow dump a while ago on that covered up some overflow on the river, had a hell of a time getting back to town. Nice to see the family though, it was definitely worth the effort getting to town. That and now I can catch up on my reading here.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Interior Alaska
Karma: 97

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby RubyAbigail » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 am

You folks seem to think that all conservatives are nazi monsters. I give generously to worthy charities. I have helped many needy people by myself. Stick that in your liberal pipe and smoke it!
Reb[/quote]

Maybe if you would lay off the name calling and overall nastiness towards others that don't agree with you, then we not see you as "Nazi monsters".

Ruby
User avatar
RubyAbigail
 
Posts: 95
Images: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 pm
Karma: 9

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:59 am

Who is doing name calling, not me?

It seems anything with even liberal close to it is seen as horrible. I am a mix, you folks labeled me so I picked up on it. Before coming here I never considered myself liberal or conservative, just a person that lived, tried to do right for ourselves and others and worried about our country and the people. Now I'm more worried then I was before.

Now I'm called everything, quite a strange thing to me. There is no trying to explain as there is no give here nothing but hard line people that think anything outside their narrow sightline is wrong.

I came here because it was about prepping and to learn more about it, but this is a political site more then it is prepping. And yes I got caught up in the politics too because we have problems and likely will have more.

I hope we have enough of everything to care for ourselves as I would ever hate to have to ask for help from any of you. I'm sure we would just get kicked down the road. I guess even with all the issues we have had we have retained the ability to not hate anything that is different.
PatrioticStabilist
 
Posts: 3405
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am
Location: Southwestern Indiana
Karma: 39

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby Permafrost » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:18 pm

PatrioticStabilist wrote:I came here because it was about prepping and to learn more about it, but this is a political site more then it is prepping. And yes I got caught up in the politics too because we have problems and likely will have more.

I know what you mean. It seems like there is a polarizing split in just about anything these days. To top it off "conservatives" are not really conservative any more. A true conservative would be pro choice both for financial reasons (a abortion is way cheaper than welfare) and political reasons (it is a decision that has nothing to do with government) but that is not the case when you ask a conservative. Freedom of religion is another hot button issue that a true conservative would champion, but it seems that christianity has got its hooks into conservatives and twisted it to mean freedom of christianity. As much as I don't like fags, lgbt rights should technically be a conservative value because the government has no business in someones bedroom. There is a laundry list of true conservative values that are largely neglected in the modern conservative movement. I find it truly amusing that even when talking about preparedness there is a polarizing split, since when was basic survival based solely on political persuasion.

Granted I think many of the liberal ideals of fairness and equality and charity are garbage, because they defy the laws of nature that demand that only the strong & smart should survive and breed. But to discount a whole portion of the population based on their political persuasion seems shortsighted at best. I trade with a couple of ultra hippies that I would classify as extremely liberal, and they are as prepared as I am if not more. I think most of their preparedness is due to wanting to live a "carbon free" (whatever the hell that means) lifestyle, but they are prepared none the less. From bullets & arrows to solar & wind to dogs & horses their homestead will survive many years if not decades after a collapse, due to proper planning and efficient execution of those plans. The fact that they are bleeding heart liberals has no bearing on their long term survivability.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Interior Alaska
Karma: 97

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby RubyAbigail » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
I am very liberal, and I am proud of it. :) I believe that when we all do better when we all do better. That just seems to make sense to me.
That also means that I would like a stronger infrastructure that includes good education and jobs for everybody. This means giving people a chance to succeed in their goals. I was given a couple a chances when I was laid off twice. I took advantage of the education that was given to me and I have done well with those chances.
But I also believe in being prepared for anything that might come our way.
User avatar
RubyAbigail
 
Posts: 95
Images: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 pm
Karma: 9

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby anita » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Oh brother--the headline of the article says "liberal preppers". Don't bunch your shorts.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:46 pm
Karma: 152

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby theoutback » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:44 am

RubyAbigail wrote:Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
I am very liberal, and I am proud of it. :) I believe that when we all do better when we all do better. That just seems to make sense to me.
That also means that I would like a stronger infrastructure that includes good education and jobs for everybody. This means giving people a chance to succeed in their goals. I was given a couple a chances when I was laid off twice. I took advantage of the education that was given to me and I have done well with those chances.
But I also believe in being prepared for anything that might come our way.


Guess what Ruby, conservatives want stronger infrastructure, great not good education, jobs etc., we just disagree on how to get there. Big government, which seems to be the answer to all ills for libs, isn't the answer, freedom and less government is. Now that does involve a spirit of self sufficiency......oh my God.....being self sufficient, how dare anyone suggest that! Which is why we just laugh at the hypocrisy of libs prepping. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you're prepping, but it's just the hypocrisy that is hilarious. You should just be relying on the government to take care of you in an emergency.

We as a society would do much better to understand that the choices you make dictate the life you lead, and don't rely on the government for everything, unless you are TRULY in need!
User avatar
theoutback
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: Vermont
Karma: 87

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby handyman777 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:57 am

anita wrote:This is the second story I've seen about this.

Liberals are catching the prepping bug.

We’re tired of being perceived as wusses who won’t survive when poo poo hits the fan,” said Stacy, a Texas Democrat who recently caught the prepper bug. She spoke with Vocativ on the condition we not publish her last name. “I, for one, don’t like to be thought of as some precious snowflake.”


Pretty ironic.

http://www.vocativ.com/390175/liberal-p ... guns-food/

Hat tip: Drudge


I find it kind of funny that the same people that called us PARANOID because we are preppers are now paranoid themselves; just because we have a new President going into office.

We all started prepping for one reason or another, and mine wasn't because of some elected official.

Watching the snowflakes on the news, I can't help but laugh!!!!
It's really hard to believe there are people out there like that. Talk about paranoid.

(I guess I'll have to come out from under my rock or (Spider Hole) more often) LOL

As for myself I consider myself an " Independent Republican" if there is such a thing. So when I see these tags (links), I have to laugh.

Thanks Anita

Remember its time to...Make America Great Again

It has to be very overwhelming for--Mr.Trump soon to be President Trump :thumbsup:
To probably be the most powerful man in the World.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:40 am
Karma: 13

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:15 am

handyman777 wrote:
anita wrote:This is the second story I've seen about this.

Liberals are catching the prepping bug.

We’re tired of being perceived as wusses who won’t survive when poo poo hits the fan,” said Stacy, a Texas Democrat who recently caught the prepper bug. She spoke with Vocativ on the condition we not publish her last name. “I, for one, don’t like to be thought of as some precious snowflake.”


Pretty ironic.

http://www.vocativ.com/390175/liberal-p ... guns-food/

Hat tip: Drudge


I find it kind of funny that the same people that called us PARANOID because we are preppers are now paranoid themselves; just because we have a new President going into office.

We all started prepping for one reason or another, and mine wasn't because of some elected official.

Watching the snowflakes on the news, I can't help but laugh!!!!
It's really hard to believe there are people out there like that. Talk about paranoid.


That is what I am seeing.

From the OP and article,

“With the new administration I worry about Nazi-style camps that would include my wife, our twins and myself,” said Melissa Letos, who lives with her family on a five-acre spread near Portland, Oregon.


Why?

Trump's speech after the Orlando shooting:

We express our deepest sympathies to the victims, the wounded, and their families. We mourn as one people for our nation’s loss, and pledge our support to any and all who need it. I would like to ask now that we all observe a moment of silence for the victims of this attack.

Thank you. Our nation stands together in solidarity with the members of Orlando’s LGBT community.

http://time.com/4367120/orlando-shootin ... ranscript/

I have never seen anything indicating he was anti-LBGT.

Yet the rhetoric and fear of such things continues to permeate, and divide the nation.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
User avatar
Cast Iron
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am
Karma: 13

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby ajax727 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:21 am

Well heck the libs are prepared , they have there gas mask there protest signs , there paycheck from SORO'S , and there directions or orders from the socialist leaders . Along with there free health care just in case they get hurt while assaulting officers or there fellow Americans .
There has been one dip who set himself on fire , if they want to make a real big show they should all gather in a very large group and do the same thing but this time let the fire burn out on it's own . That way they can get all the new coverage they want .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727
 
Posts: 2373
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 am
Karma: 73

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:52 am

After re-reading the OP article, do you think the 2nd Amendment will ever be threatened again?

After all, a number of the liberal preppers interviews in the article are actually buying guns in fear of a tyrannical government.

Or will they forget as soon as a Democrat is elected to the WH?
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
User avatar
Cast Iron
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am
Karma: 13

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby NJMike » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:03 am

I'm doing my part to further support the 2A. I agreed to be a background check reference for a friend whose politics differ than mine. I agree with all who have said that preparedness is, or should be, an apolitical activity.
User avatar
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network
 
Posts: 934
Images: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 pm
Karma: 45

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:14 am

Cast Iron wrote:After re-reading the OP article, do you think the 2nd Amendment will ever be threatened again?

After all, a number of the liberal preppers interviews in the article are actually buying guns in fear of a tyrannical government.

Or will they forget as soon as a Democrat is elected to the WH?



we managed to get thru the past 8 years without the balloon popping - don't ask me how - but I think one of the overall reasons is getting booted out today .... good impetus for - more - expanded - enlarged - violent - rioting ....

you'll never see anti-2A laws proposed again after a major all encompassing nationwide riot - the next 3 generations will have distinct stories to pass along ....
Illini Warrior
User avatar
Illini Warrior
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Karma: 54

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:37 am

Illini Warrior wrote:
Cast Iron wrote:After re-reading the OP article, do you think the 2nd Amendment will ever be threatened again?

After all, a number of the liberal preppers interviews in the article are actually buying guns in fear of a tyrannical government.

Or will they forget as soon as a Democrat is elected to the WH?



we managed to get thru the past 8 years without the balloon popping - don't ask me how - but I think one of the overall reasons is getting booted out today .... good impetus for - more - expanded - enlarged - violent - rioting ....

you'll never see anti-2A laws proposed again after a major all encompassing nationwide riot - the next 3 generations will have distinct stories to pass along ....


Good point.

I fear two opposing sides, deeply entrenched in their beliefs, both armed.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
User avatar
Cast Iron
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am
Karma: 13

Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

Postby Gunns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 am

I look at Libs prepping this way. After SHTF and things start to settle down again there are going to be lots of hidden treasures out there.
____________________________________________________________________________
Life Time NRA Member
Life Time Oath Keeper
Can't fix Stupid no matter how much you try
User avatar
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: NE Texas

PreviousNext

Return to General Family Preparedness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the APN Email Newsletter - Enter your e-mail address below


  Links and Resources
  -Links
  -Podcasts
  -Free Ebooks



Trusted Sponsors









Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer